Iottie wireless car charger

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Just picked one up at Best Buy on sale. Ten minute car ride with streaming music to my radio and gps, there was no battery drain but no gain either. Could just be that it wasn’t positioned perfectly.

Grip: the little black dashboard pad was not sticky at all. It says super adhesive one time use but it wasn’t even worth putting it in the package.

On the other hand the suction cup on the car charger itself . Seriously it took off a piece of my dashboard I didn't even know could pop out. It's super sticky and super strong. It was very hard to get off my windshield too. This is going to be a set it and forget it mount lol.
1756f7161f78ffd4e7453d74c61f3866.jpg

bchain996

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Just picked one up at Best Buy on sale. Ten minute car ride with streaming music to my radio and gps, there was no battery drain but no gain either. Could just be that it wasn’t positioned perfectly.

Grip: the little black dashboard pad was not sticky at all. It says super adhesive one time use but it wasn’t even worth putting it in the package.

On the other hand the suction cup on the car charger itself . Seriously it took off a piece of my dashboard I didn't even know could pop out. It's super sticky and super strong. It was very hard to get off my windshield too. This is going to be a set it and forget it mount lol.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171130/1756f7161f78ffd4e7453d74c61f3866.jpg

Yeah I have the iOttie magnetic wireless car charger and it charged 3% in 20 minutes. That’s with a powerful charging brick then one that came with it. Disappointing but if I need to charge it faster I can always just plug it in

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171130/1756f7161f78ffd4e7453d74c61f3866.jpg

iOttie makes excellent vehicle phone mounts, in my opinion.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the newly released iOttie fast wireless version. Works great with an iPhone 8 Plus and a Sammy 8+. A little more expensive, but while running Google Maps, it still gains a positive charge.

And you're right. The black pad isn't necessary at all.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site

I have had one for 3 weeks and that's normal at the moment, have read on MR those using it with 11.2 and the fast charge update are getting charge with maps etc running.
I really like it as it works with different size cases and i have it right of my steering wheel at eye level (in Australia) so FID works great, plus not having to plug in, i do long drives for work over 3-4 days and havn't had to charge at night.
I have been using the Brodit adjustable with different cars for probably 10 years, this is cheaper, holds phone better and can be put out of the way, Brodit was always fixed over near passenger side air vent. It was sturdy but as its solid holder not all cases are a good fit thickness wise.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I have had one for 3 weeks and that's normal at the moment, have read on MR those using it with 11.2 and the fast charge update are getting charge with maps etc running.
I really like it as it works with different size cases and i have it right of my steering wheel at eye level (in Australia) so FID works great, plus not having to plug in, i do long drives for work over 3-4 days and havn't had to charge at night.
I have been using the Brodit adjustable with different cars for probably 10 years, this is cheaper, holds phone better and can be put out of the way, Brodit was always fixed over near passenger side air vent. It was sturdy but as its solid holder not all cases are a good fit thickness wise.

My only complaint is you need a case with a flat back, i had a UAG plasma and it wouldnt push in to lock because of the hollow bit in the back of case.
Was wondering if the new Monarch for X work if anyone has one with it? Seems to not be as hollow on back if thats the word.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Yeah i tried it out for a longer ride and was using the regular apple maps with music and the screen off, I had a positive charge within ten minutes. I’m also using an otterbox, I was a little worried about it charging in it but it works fine. I also drive a lot for work, just had the day off today so I’m excited to see how tomorrow goes! FaceID only worked once or twice in the car today but I don’t really use my phone too much while driving besides to skip a song or something.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Yeah i tried it out for a longer ride and was using the regular apple maps with music and the screen off, I had a positive charge within ten minutes. I’m also using an otterbox, I was a little worried about it charging in it but it works fine. I also drive a lot for work, just had the day off today so I’m excited to see how tomorrow goes! FaceID only worked once or twice in the car today but I don’t really use my phone too much while driving besides to skip a song or something.

I am sure it will be better when the fast charging update comes, i got the Otterbox statement case from Apple they only sell it, but phone wouldn't charge with it, the back clear plastic seemed really thick, returned it only case that hasn't worked, it did work on my Belkin wireless charger though.

Just saw your car temp 48F you can have that ;) its 27C here or 80.6F, not bad for first day of summer :)

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I am sure it will be better when the fast charging update comes, i got the Otterbox statement case from Apple they only sell it, but phone wouldn't charge with it, the back clear plastic seemed really thick, returned it only case that hasn't worked, it did work on my Belkin wireless charger though.

Just saw your car temp 48F you can have that ;) its 27C here or 80.6F, not bad for first day of summer :)

You take your 27C I love winter!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flickoo