iOS Multi-Tasking Gestures

User Name#IM

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
iOS Multi tasking gestures
-How many of you have them enabled? Do you actually use them? Should they be implemented into a final build of iOS? What are your thoughts?

Personally, the one i use the most is pinch to close, I find it incredibly rare that I use my home button exept to bring up the Multi-task bar, I just don't really like the swipe up and can't quite get used to it.

However, I don't have them enabled on my iPod touch (2g) as I don't think they would work quite aswell with the smaller screen.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

Mio_Ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I disabled them again. They where great but I experienced some lag (hardly noticeable) on initial touch of the screen. Like it had to decide on if it was a touch command or a gesture. Also the "Home" gesture was a little hard to use, I would rather that it was swipe down ( Which should also work exit edit/move mode on home screen / task bar.

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I disabled them again. They where great but I experienced some lag (hardly noticeable) on initial touch of the screen. Like it had to decide on if it was a touch command or a gesture. Also the "Home" gesture was a little hard to use, I would rather that it was swipe down ( Which should also work exit edit/move mode on home screen / task bar.

I was having problems with the home gesture too until i started using 4 fingers instead of 5 to do it. Now it's pretty much flawless.

johnmarshall4

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
These gestures conflict with those in my own app and other I use. I like them, but I've submitted a bug to Apple to allow us app developers to override them in our own apps. Pretty much every app that uses 4 and 5 finger gestures will be broken if they release this to the public the way it is.

Rudolphe

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
These gestures conflict with those in my own app and other I use. I like them, but I've submitted a bug to Apple to allow us app developers to override them in our own apps. Pretty much every app that uses 4 and 5 finger gestures will be broken if they release this to the public the way it is.

Which is most likely why it's still unavailable. I love them though, I'd just not use apps that cause it not to work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy