iOS 9.3.1 Officially released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
iOS 9.3 Officially released

I just noticed Apple has pulled the iOS 9.3 update for the iPhone 5S & earlier, iPad Air & earlier, iPod touch 5th gen.

Really....? I wonder why that is. I've already updated my mini but I still have to do my Air(1st gen). Was there any reasoning?

EDIT: ahhhhh never mind. I found the article about it on the iMore main page. Activation issues for older devices.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
The pulling of the original 9.3 for older devices is as good a reason as I can think for letting any significant update 'steep like tea' for a while after receiving it, and for doing a bit of research for feedback. I just did two phones (6 & 6Plus) smootly and uneventful but had the 'fail to verify' error on my original mini and my wifes iPad 2.... The 'abort before install' probably saved me a lot of grief.....Bravo Apple.... Eager to see how 'NightShift' looks this evening, and I must say that Airdrop seems a lot quicker between the phones and my iMac....

Jackson Press

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Other than nightshift, which isn't even a big feature within itself, iOS 9.3 was a very small update. I was kind of expecting a lot more, but iOS 10 isn't that far away...

n1ckthequick

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I see that iOS 9.3 is only available for older devices through iTunes (I have a 5S), but when I check for update it tells me 9.2.1 is the latest version. Any ideas why?

anon(3985060)

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't know but is it me or there still isn't an update available for iPhone 5s. I plugged my phone into my MacBook Pro to update through iTunes but it's saying I have the latest update(9.2.1) :raised-eyebrow:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Other than nightshift, which isn't even a big feature within itself, iOS 9.3 was a very small update. I was kind of expecting a lot more, but iOS 10 isn't that far away...

Night shift is a pretty big deal for me. There's also wifi calling for Verizon, and the new Notes lock feature. This was not meant to be a major update. That will come with iOS 10.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Just hooked up my iPad Air (1st gen) to iTunes now.......Apple must still have 9.3 pulled for download because it still shows 9.2.1 as being the most current iOS available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77