iOS 4.3.3/4.2.8 jailbreak with sn0wbreez 2.7 Step by step Guide

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have Verizon 4.2.8

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think 4.2.7 and 4.28 are pretty much the same if there's a step by step for 4.2.7 I'm pretty sure it would be pretty much the same except using different ipsw files I would tell you how to do it but i use a pc sorry

irish421

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been trying to download the sn0wbreez 2.7 file but the download site said that the file has been removed. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks

conan1071

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a silly questions but how do you know the iphone4 for verizon is jailbroken once you have completed all these steps? I did all the steps and the phone restored, and now the 3g symbol doesnt come up

conan1071

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Got it to finally work and was very fast with redsnow. However, I thought that all apps for a jailbroken iphone are free. When I go into cydia, some of the apps are pay????

L_Boogie820

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
newbie (sort of) here...i just got my iphone4 today from vzw. I have itunes 10.3.1, the firmware and snowbreeze. I followed the pictures like a good boy. It built the custom firmware. My device was in recovery. I left shift and restore. chose the file. extracts. verify with apple (does that a few times) then ERROR...what am I doing wrong here?

SolWgn

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
newbie (sort of) here...i just got my iphone4 today from vzw. I have itunes 10.3.1, the firmware and snowbreeze. I followed the pictures like a good boy. It built the custom firmware. My device was in recovery. I left shift and restore. chose the file. extracts. verify with apple (does that a few times) then ERROR...what am I doing wrong here?

I was wondering what would happen if the latest itunes version would work... Now I know.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Use redsnow and load phone into dfu mode before opening iTunes and doing shift restore

entwined82

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
If you use redsn0w you don't need to use itunes at all. Load IPSW, patch, select the applicable options and then put it into DFU mode there.

Thats what I did running 4.2.8 on VZW. Jailbroke like a charm first try.

jonalandman

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Unlock 4.3.3

So this is a nice post for a jailbreak. but what if i want to unlock a 4g thats already jailbroken running 4.3.3 with baseband 4.10?

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Tips

Here is my 2 cents. If it helps, press the Thanks button.

Tips:

You do not have to edit your HOSTS file (on the PC)
Do not plug in your iPhone to the USB cord until the phone is in DFU mode
Get better DFU mode here (Jailbreak 4.2.8 On Verizon iPhone 4 Untethered And iOS 4.3.3 On Windows Using Sn0wbreeze 2.7 [Tutorial] | Redmond Pie)
Do not load iTunes until told to (once step 7 in above guide has been completed)
If iTunes crashes when you connect iPad or iPhone, restart the PC

I hope that helps you and saves some frustration.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vincie855