iOS 4.1 is draining my battery

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Try letting the battery drain to where it shuts the phone off. Then give it a nice full charge and see what happens. It could be a software thing where the new update was installed when you had lower battery and it thinks of that now as 100%. Again let your battery die completely and then let it charge to 100%. Do NOT use the phone while it is charging back up.
i do this once a month or sooner, also when i am doing a FULL charge from flat i plug the phone in and as soon as it's booted up i turn it off to get a "clean" charge, never had a problem with battery life on my 3G and so far on the 4G still all good

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey Brian,
I tired this yesterday after reading your comment on here. With 4.1 I was having bad battery. And the one of the main reasons i came back to Iphone was because they got a better battery. So usually I would get up at 8:30am and unplug my phone, do a little email reading/deleting/responding about 2 calls total 5 mins. By the time i got to work around 9:30am or so i was down to like 95%.

After doing what you suggested I noticed a difference :) and today it was a busier email day and 2 more calls then usual... 1 hour later im at 98%.

Hope this keeps up

thanks

Try letting the battery drain to where it shuts the phone off. Then give it a nice full charge and see what happens. It could be a software thing where the new update was installed when you had lower battery and it thinks of that now as 100%. Again let your battery die completely and then let it charge to 100%. Do NOT use the phone while it is charging back up.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
it does suggest this in the user manual, most phones suggest this for every battery cycle but the iPhone uses a more sophisticated type thus only needs it once a month or even 2

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Yea, I mine is not jailbroken either and I literally unplugged it and it goes down to 98% and I didn't even use it! It is strange because before, the battery seemed amazing.

MrFadedGlory#IM

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was averaging like 10% loss per around 1 hour of usage...NOW Im at 3 hours of usage today and down to 50%! WTF..........I havent done any heavy usage at all...just texts and a little internet, thats about it....also my camea roll started acting up today too. I noticed all of this today out of the blue, Dont know what to do to fix it...

This is all after I updated to 4.1....before 4.1 everything was fine

UPDATE: At 4 hrs of usage and down to 19%!!!!! This is terrible:mad:

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Mine doesn't seem that much different. Had my iPhone 4 off the charger since around 6:30am (it's now 2:30pm) and I've got 60% left. That includes 7 h 30 m of standby and 2 h 11 m of usage. That's with the brightness cranked all the way up to 100%, wifi and 3G on etc...

Seems ok to me.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I had a problem with my battery when i first upgraded. But drained the battery till the phone die and then full charged and it seems to have gotten back to normal if not better. 3h50 hours usage and 8h29 min standby and im at 60%...my screen is at about 50 or 55% and wifi and 3G always on.

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
i have drained my battery two times and the battery is still the same i get 4 to 5 hours of usage with the screen is at 40 percent and wifi, location services and bluetooth always off.

weblou

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Not sure then. Was always like this or it happend with the ios4 update? Another thing I did was turn off all push services that I don't care about.

i have drained my battery two times and the battery is still the same i get 4 to 5 hours of usage with the screen is at 40 percent and wifi, location services and bluetooth always off.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
After being on 4.1 for a few days now, my battery life has been pretty average. I have 2 e-mail accounts on PUSH and 1 on fetch. Location on, brightness almost maxed, and wifi on most of the day. I lose around 3-4 % per hour. 3 hrs 54 min of usage and 14 hrs 2 min of standby (36% left).

lush242000

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem. I installed 4.1 yesterday and my battery is draining twice as fast as it did on 4.0.2.

I was getting better battery life on 4.1 until I changed my two gmail accounts to push through exchange. That seems to have upped the battery usage quite a bit. When I had only my work on exchange I was getting much better life.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77