iOS 17.4.1 has been released

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have noticed in 17.4.0 and 17.4.1 is CarPlay app lock up.

When launching or switching to a CarPlay app, it will simply lock up for a minute and quit to the SpringBoard.

It’s really annoying, but nothing more.

An example of a lockup. The app was not responsive; you can even notice the sidebar be in a different colour scheme from the app.
IMG_0603.png

Another issue that has been present with the iPhone 15 Pro, that was absent on the iPhone 11 Pro on the same iOS version, is that it will not playback audio when it is connected over Wireless CarPlay while connected over USB type C.
The workaround is to disable Wi-Fi on the car, reconnect and re-enable Wi-Fi.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only issue I have noticed in 17.4.0 and 17.4.1 is CarPlay app lock up.

When launching or switching to a CarPlay app, it will simply lock up for a minute and quit to the SpringBoard.

It’s really annoying, but nothing more.

An example of a lockup. The app was not responsive; you can even notice the sidebar be in a different colour scheme from the app.
View attachment 133686

Another issue that has been present with the iPhone 15 Pro, that was absent on the iPhone 11 Pro on the same iOS version, is that it will not playback audio when it is connected over Wireless CarPlay while connected over USB type C.
The workaround is to disable Wi-Fi on the car, reconnect and re-enable Wi-Fi.

I’m wondering if this issue is limited to the iPhone 15. I’m still using the iPhone 14 Pro and I’m not experiencing any issues with wireless CarPlay thus far.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I’m wondering if this issue is limited to the iPhone 15. I’m still using the iPhone 14 Pro and I’m not experiencing any issues with wireless CarPlay thus far.
There are two things in there:

The first half, up to and including the screenshot, are with CarPlay in general; not wireless CarPlay specific. It still could be iPhone 15 Pro specific on iOS 17.4 and later.

The second is specific to wireless CarPlay on iPhone 15 Pro since at least iOS 17.1. It didn’t happen on iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 17.1.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77