iOS 11 Dev Beta 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

walk0080

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else lost the ability to scroll in Apple Notes or unable to see what you are typing if the content is longer than the height of the display on an iPad Pro 10.5? Pretty frustrating bug introduced with latest Beta - I submitted a feedback request.

I also notice the four finger gesture to bring up the task switcher is not at all reliable on my iPad Pro 10.5. Maybe 25-50% success rate.

The Notes bug might actually push me back to IOS10 for now.

EDIT: Going to task switcher and killing Notes... then starting Notes... then killing a few times has cleared this up for me. Scrolling is back in Notes.

Last edited:

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
Not sure if anyone who has ran into this issue.

I had first noticed when trying to upload pictures on Craigslist, it would circle around like it was working and they say it was done, but nothing uploaded.

And just now I was uploading pictures to my works job portal and it said it was done, but again nothing uploaded.

I tried both safari and even Firefox and nothing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I downgraded everything. Tired of all the lag. I know some say there is none. It's there. The same lag on my iPad and iPhone. I'll try again a couple betas down the road. It was just the same lag that had been there throughout all betas. One thing I'll say. Never thought 10.3.3 would feel so good and snappy. I'll see you guys all in the beta train again in a few weeks. So glad I ever updated my watch the watch OS 4 or this would not be possible.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site
I downgraded everything. Tired of all the lag. I know some say there is none. It's there. The same lag on my iPad and iPhone. I'll try again a couple betas down the road. It was just the same lag that had been there throughout all betas. One thing I'll say. Never thought 10.3.3 would feel so good and snappy. I'll see you guys all in the beta train again in a few weeks. So glad I ever updated my watch the watch OS 4 or this would not be possible.

Yeah there are some things that bug, but luckily my iPad is still on 10.3.3 so I can use it with no issues.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Only lag I really notice is from time to time I have to tap an app twice to get it to launch. I'll tap it, it will darken like it's been activated, but won't actually launch until the 2nd tap. Not a big deal, takes less time to tap it again than it does to set up my phone as new.

But that's me, everyone is different!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Only lag I really notice is from time to time I have to tap an app twice to get it to launch. I'll tap it, it will darken like it's been activated, but won't actually launch until the 2nd tap. Not a big deal, takes less time to tap it again than it does to set up my phone as new.

Oh I didn't set up as new. I exported health data so I would have it up to date. Then used my backup from June 5th. Used that backup and wiped the health data from that backup and then imported the up to date health data. It was very simple.

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

I couldn't agree more. Did the same thing. We are only a couple of months from GM. I can wait since I have the BETA on my iPad.

thedonp

Banned
May 19, 2017
Visit site

I notice a lag when I use safari and sometimes iMessage.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't agree more. Did the same thing. We are only a couple of months from GM. I can wait since I have the BETA on my iPad.

I kept hoping each new beta would fix the lag. It didn't. I lost hope. Maybe beta 6 I will give it a shot. Definitely not beta 5. I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. I know it's beta but I chose not to deal with it anymore. I had options.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Overall this is a solid beta, still needs some work. I've found battery life to be very good but after using it extensively it can start to slow the phone down. Hoping beta 5 keeps the battery life but improves the overall experience.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Overall this is a solid beta, still needs some work. I've found battery life to be very good but after using it extensively it can start to slow the phone down. Hoping beta 5 keeps the battery life but improves the overall experience.

Agreed, though my initial good battery life has decreased. Still better than it was!

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 11 Dev Beta 4 available

Agreed. This is the first beta program I've actually left. In fact, by reverting back to iOS 10 I'm even temporarily sacrificing my Apple Watch because it's stuck on the watchOS beta and it won't work with iOS 10.

It's comments like these that have scared me from jumping in on my iPhone lol. I'm running it on my iPad but that experience has been less than stellar. I follow the threads hoping for a change in tone. But it's nice to see the changes that you're all discussing. Once iOS 11 is ready for primetime, hopefully all goes well!

Donkichot

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
By pure hasard I found a way to send GIANT emoji in Message.
And it’s not when you send only 3 or lower emoji it’s a lot bigger.
I can’t say it wasn’t there in iOS 10 cause all my device are now in iOS 11.
160d9f33ec6883af7909a5e6c324aa74.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77