iOS 11 Dev Beta 3 is now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have not been able to get it to update.
I am restoring the watch as we speak and will try it again.

I’ll let you know in this thread about my progress.

It took me a couple of tries last night, but I got it installed. It seems to be fine, but it’s still on the charger in night stand mode. After I get cleaned up, I’ll put it on and see how things go. I don’t expect any issues.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
It took me a couple of tries last night, but I got it installed. It seems to be fine, but it’s still on the charger in night stand mode. After I get cleaned up, I’ll put it on and see how things go. I don’t expect any issues.

Do you feel it is stable enough to install at this point?

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Update:

WatchOS 4 beta 3 is installed on my watch and all seems to be ok. Barely any lag and all functions are working. I just need to watch battery life now and see how that goes.

jdesignz

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I think App switcher bug has been fixed yet my Moto 360 isn't getting any notifications sometimes. Oh well, that's a start keep 'em coming

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It is installing now to my series 2 Apple Watch. Thankfully I have went through the whole process without any issues. It’s about 60% installed to the watch currently.

I enjoy using my Watch a great deal, but the one thing I dislike is upgrading its firmware. It takes too long, in my opinion.

blueeyes2die4

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I enjoy using my Watch a great deal, but the one thing I dislike is upgrading its firmware. It takes too long, in my opinion.

You are right about that. The process took about 1 hour to complete. So far it seems to be doing ok. I will see how it goes tomorrow at work when I have it off the charger for 12+ hours.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Great observations and thank you for keeping us updated. Are you going to make a Genius Bar appointment soon?

I Called Apple Support and it arranged for me to pick up a replacement from the local Apple Store. In my rush to get out of the store, I didn’t think to yank the SIM card from my old iPad, so I have to go to Verizon for a new one tomorrow. But iOS 11 beta 3 is running on the new iPad, and seems pretty solid so far.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I feel your pain. At home with 500+mbps download even a 2GB iOS update take 2-3 minutes and a watchOS update of 100mb takes 10-15 minutes. It’s ridiculous. That’s just the download, that’s not including install time.

lemagician

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
Anyone with watch os 4 beta 3 having issues with heart rate only calculating when asked to do so? Mine used to calculate throughout the day but not on the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.