• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

iOS 11.2 Airplane mode issue

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
iPhone 6s+ iOS 11.2 loaded OTA this morning. Noticed when switching on Airplane mode, WiFi stays on. I know someone with ip8 and it works as normal. Anyone else having this issue?..

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
You sure it is off? The WiFi icon is still blue?

d7e0b165fa6fa908de5f61010756087f.jpg

36b92a36a0ca657c3ee794db08160986.jpg

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Funny thing is, previous Bluetooth thing with staying on after you turn on Airplane mode, is resolved. It actually turns it off and not just disconnect...something is really weird here...

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Quite strange. Maybe try a fresh install?

Yeah... that’s what I’m working towards.. I’ve been using iPhone since 3GS...also was registered dev till they started doing public beta.. so I do know what I’m doing.. tried hard reset and reset network settings..no effect. Doing reset all settings, then all co tent/settings, then reload from scratch in iTunes...

prestigiouswireless

Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
Yeah... that’s what I’m working towards.. I’ve been using iPhone since 3GS...also was registered dev till they started doing public beta.. so I do know what I’m doing.. tried hard reset and reset network settings..no effect. Doing reset all settings, then all co tent/settings, then reload from scratch in iTunes...

Yes unfortunately it’s the route we all hate to live with.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I just checked my iPhone 6S Plus and it does the same thing yours did. I turn on airplane mode, Bluetooth shuts off but wifi stays connected.

Maybe Apple designed this update that way?

Honestly, on a rare occasion of I have to go into airplane mode I want wifi on, so essentially this works for me, whether it was on purpose or not.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I just checked my iPhone 6S Plus and it does the same thing yours did. I turn on airplane mode, Bluetooth shuts off but wifi stays connected.

Maybe Apple designed this update that way?

Honestly, on a rare occasion of I have to go into airplane mode I want wifi on, so essentially this works for me, whether it was on purpose or not.

Well this is kinda good news...at least I’m not the only one.. I think this proves it’s model specific.. ip8, 6s, works fine-6s+ doesn’t.. and I don’t think that’s by design..

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well this is kinda good news...at least I’m not the only one.. I think this proves it’s model specific.. ip8, 6s, works fine-6s+ doesn’t.. and I don’t think that’s by design..

Right.

Yeah I hear what you mean (not by design) but it doesn't get my ocd going enough to go thru a reset or full restore to try to correct it and find it didn't lol. So I'll just ride it out.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Fixed it! Have to credit my brother for this one.. Go into Control Center and switch Airplane mode on. Then manually turn off WiFi, then toggle Airplane mode back off, then on, then off..should correct it!

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Right.

Yeah I hear what you mean (not by design) but it doesn't get my ocd going enough to go thru a reset or full restore to try to correct it and find it didn't lol. So I'll just ride it out.

Did u see?.

Fixed it! Have to credit my brother for this one.. Go into Control Center and switch Airplane mode on. Then manually turn off WiFi, then toggle Airplane mode back off, then on, then off..should correct it!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Did u see?.

🤩HA ! Perfect ! Thank you and thanks to your brother

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin