Instructions on making a ringtone

Qfanvnaa

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I made a couple of ringtones already but can't remember how I did it. I did it through I-Tunes. I downloaded the song twice and from one of them made the ringtone. Also, I have read somewhere in this forum that there is a ringtone app. Where do I find that at? Thanks.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
to make an app in itunes, first go into options and select the start and stop time for the song. then save the changes, and exit the options screen. after that right click, or control click depending if you have mac or winodws, and click create AAC version. after you create the AAC version, click and drag it to your desktop, then after it is on your desktop, delete the copy in itunes. it doesnt matter if you remove the file from your hard drive when you select delete, as the desktop file will stay there. then go to the desktop file, and edit the file name from song.m4a to song.m4r. accept the changes even if it says that the file may be unusable after. then click and drag it back into itunes. it wil be under ringtones. then click and drag to sync to your phone or do whatever you have to do to sync it to your phone and your all set!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is an entire forum dedicated to ringtones (and wallpapers). This thread is now located there. Take a look at some of the stickies or large threads in this forum for dozens of recommendations on how to best make ringtones.

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've never tried using an app. I just use Audacity to cut clips out of full songs (clips must be < 40 sec. in order to be used as ringtones). That way, I can add fade-in/fade-out and adjust the gain. Then I convert the clips to .m4a files in iTunes, rename the extension to .m4r and drag the .m4r files into iTunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nethtanyang