iMessage/FaceTime Major Issue (not being received), what do I do?

I

iMore Question

iMessage/FaceTime Major Issue (not being received)

This is going to be extremely detailed - hopefully it helps me get a good answer.

So recently about a month ago my iPhone 6 hasn't been receiving texts. Basically, what's happening is when *new* individuals (people who have not been saved in my contacts for more than a month) send me an iMessage I won't get it at all. However, if these same individuals were to send me that message as a SMS I would then get it. However, when I go to respond it pops up as a green rather than blue. 50% of the time when I send the message as green the other person won't receive it.

What's even more strange is that lets say I was to save an individual with an iPhone in my contacts and then message them it still would pop up as green rather than blue.

Even more strangely though lets say an *old* individual (someone who has been in my contacts for more than a month) messages me as an iMessage it goes through fine. I also can start a new conversion with them and it's fine.

It seems as if basically any new contacts that I come in contact with my phone doesn't recognized them as an iMessage.

I've already tried signing/out of iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, resetting all settings, resetting network settings, restoring from backup/new, hard resetting numerous times.

***the only reason I know my phone isn't getting the texts is because the texts pop up on my MacBook. I already tried login/out of iCloud on my computer and turning it off all together and no results.

I even went to a genius appointment and they told me that an "Apple engineer" would be in contact with me (a month later and nothing).

Hopefully someone can help me *crosses fingers* - I really need my iPhone to work properly at the current moment

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iMessage/FaceTime Major Issue (not being received)

Welcome to iMore! Seems you've done about all you can do. It may be a hardware issue. You don't state which iPhone it is. Is it under warranty? You're best option is to keep after the Genius. Maybe someone else has an idea. But it looks like you're done it all.

Norma Cabrales

May 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: iMessage/FaceTime Major Issue (not being received)

This is going to be extremely detailed - hopefully it helps me get a good answer.

So recently about a month ago my iPhone 6 hasn't been receiving texts. Basically, what's happening is when *new* individuals (people who have not been saved in my contacts for more than a month) send me an iMessage I won't get it at all. However, if these same individuals were to send me that message as a SMS I would then get it. However, when I go to respond it pops up as a green rather than blue. 50% of the time when I send the message as green the other person won't receive it.

What's even more strange is that lets say I was to save an individual with an iPhone in my contacts and then message them it still would pop up as green rather than blue.

Even more strangely though lets say an *old* individual (someone who has been in my contacts for more than a month) messages me as an iMessage it goes through fine. I also can start a new conversion with them and it's fine.

It seems as if basically any new contacts that I come in contact with my phone doesn't recognized them as an iMessage.

I've already tried signing/out of iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, resetting all settings, resetting network settings, restoring from backup/new, hard resetting numerous times.

***the only reason I know my phone isn't getting the texts is because the texts pop up on my MacBook. I already tried login/out of iCloud on my computer and turning it off all together and no results.

I even went to a genius appointment and they told me that an "Apple engineer" would be in contact with me (a month later and nothing).

Hopefully someone can help me *crosses fingers* - I really need my iPhone to work properly at the current moment

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2