iHome SmartPlug stopped responding to Homekit; any ideas on fix?

Blankford13

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I got an iHome SmartPlug 2 days ago to use with a lamp. At first, it worked completely fine, but last night, it stopped responding to my iPhone (I'm using it with Homekit). Does anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I tried unplugging it for 20 minutes, and plugging it back in, but that didn't seem to help. Couldn't find any help through a Google search. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

mavsguy842

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I got an iHome SmartPlug 2 days ago to use with a lamp. At first, it worked completely fine, but last night, it stopped responding to my iPhone (I'm using it with Homekit). Does anybody have any ideas on how to troubleshoot? I tried unplugging it for 20 minutes, and plugging it back in, but that didn't seem to help. Couldn't find any help through a Google search. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Were you toggling the plug through Siri, the control center, or Apple's Home app? Does the plug still appear inside the Home app? Can you control the plug through the iHome Control app? I always start by ensuring the product works with its native app and go from there (Hue lights with the Hue app, your smartplug with the iHome Control app etc). If it works with the Control app you can move on to troubleshoot HomeKit. Try removing and then re-adding the plug in the Apple Home app.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2