Icloud empty but 2GB used!!

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I upgraded my iPad pro and my 6s to 9.3 and everything is fine, but, I enabled my iCloud free storage and uploaded my phone photo's but my iCloud app is empty even though it say's I have used up 2GB!!

Any ideas folks?

Thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
The iCloud Drive app is not for photo storage. It's not like Dropbox. It's mostly for managing documents. Your photos should be backed up in iCloud, if that's what you did. Did you use iCloud Photo Library? If so, they're there. But they do not show in the iCloud Drive app. iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. So if you delete photos from your device, they also delete from iCloud.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I upgraded my iPad pro and my 6s to 9.3 and everything is fine, but, I enabled my iCloud free storage and uploaded my phone photo's but my iCloud app is empty even though it say's I have used up 2GB!!

Any ideas folks?

Thank you.
what do you mean with "iCloud App" ? iCloud Drive ?

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
The iCloud Drive app is not for photo storage. It's not like Dropbox. It's mostly for managing documents. Your photos should be backed up in iCloud, if that's what you did. Did you use iCloud Photo Library? If so, they're there. But they do not show in the iCloud Drive app. iCloud is not a storage option. It's a back up option. It backs up what is currently on your device. So if you delete photos from your device, they also delete from iCloud.

Many thanks. That explains things nicely. BTW, all of my photo's and videos do show in iCloud photo library.