I was going to come back to iPhone, but after today I'm re- thinking that !!!

KingaSpades

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
No I'm not a troll (see my past postings for proof)

I am just so frustrated with Apple after today,,,,, today was just another example of how lame and non-innovated they have become.

Yea,,,, great idea Apple,,,, the black iphone 5 IS without doubt the coolest looking phone on the planet so ya do away with it to replace it with gold and gray,,,, good move Apple !!!!

Yea,,, I get it, the black iphone was prone to nicks so instead of figuring a way to make it nick proof ya just drop your most popular color for silver and gold which will also get nicks on the finish.

And then after a year of the 5 the incremental upgrades announced today on the 5s are the best you can come up with,,,,, my GS4 and Note 2 have had most of those features for the last year except for the finger print scanner which may or may not end up being a good feature.

The camera on the 5s is about the only thing I'm holding onto hope for,,,, I've done side by side shots with my GS4 and iPhone 5 and in most cases my GS4 has won,,,, if the 5s camera truly blows away my GS4 then yes I "might" get it in spite of the gold and gray colors.

Dropping the black, still the same 4" size screen are two main reasons that I might just stick with Android.

Apple is trying to regain sales from Android and the 5s is the best they can do,,,, wow !!!

I'm sure some of the Apple fanboys are just fine with the 5s,,,, but for some one like me that uses both iOS and Android I am very much not impressed after today.

What's next Apple,,,,, hey I got a great idea,,, how bout a non-retina iPad mini 2,,,,, that will be a great move too !!!!!

Cheers
Davyo

First of all you seem to be mad for the sake of being mad. You have an S4 and you complain about the 5S? The S4 is a lag machine! I own one so don't bother saying that it's not. It's also been noted in several reviews. I have a 5S now and I can easily say that the S4 isn't even a worthy competitor. Also..do you know what S models are when it comes to the iPhone? I think that you do. And that leads me to another conclusion. You are definitely a troll for coming here and writing a haters manifesto. Calling people fanboys? A sure sign of inner ignorance if ever there was one. I think that you should probably stick with your lag machine. Wave at your screen whenever you want to look ridiculous. Look at the screen. Then look away. Then look again. Then look away again. Now wave at it again. Now have a staring contest with it to see if the screen stays on. After that...LOL! Who cares.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's the same argument from the same people every single year...they feel like Apple should make what they like, but when Apple doesn't (and still find major success), there's still something seriously "wrong". Give me a break...you know where the "problem" is? The idea that when something doesn't do or look or feel exactly the way one person wants it to, that it is wrong for EVERYONE.

Case in point...the Galaxy S4. It's a great smart phone, chalk full of features and technology and is just PERFECT...for some people. Is it for me? Not at all...I could list the redundant lists of why here, but we all know the major points that people normally hit (screen size, OS, etc)...the Galaxy S4 is not even a consideration for me, it's not as good a smart phone as the iPhone 5S is FOR ME...which has absolutely ZERO relevance to the next guy in line, because for him/her, it might be more than perfect.

There is no problem with the iPhone, there is nothing MISSING from it...there is no lack of innovation. As much as the naysayers would like for Apple to be this underachiever, as much as they would like for the iPhone to be this simpleton device that is behind the curve...it's just not true at all. It's on the level...whether it works for you or not is purely your choice, but enough with the attempts to degrade the thing.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
It's the same argument from the same people every single year...they feel like Apple should make what they like, but when Apple doesn't (and still find major success), there's still something seriously "wrong". Give me a break...you know where the "problem" is? The idea that when something doesn't do or look or feel exactly the way one person wants it to, that it is wrong for EVERYONE.

Case in point...the Galaxy S4. It's a great smart phone, chalk full of features and technology and is just PERFECT...for some people. Is it for me? Not at all...I could list the redundant lists of why here, but we all know the major points that people normally hit (screen size, OS, etc)...the Galaxy S4 is not even a consideration for me, it's not as good a smart phone as the iPhone 5S is FOR ME...which has absolutely ZERO relevance to the next guy in line, because for him/her, it might be more than perfect.

There is no problem with the iPhone, there is nothing MISSING from it...there is no lack of innovation. As much as the naysayers would like for Apple to be this underachiever, as much as they would like for the iPhone to be this simpleton device that is behind the curve...it's just not true at all. It's on the level...whether it works for you or not is purely your choice, but enough with the attempts to degrade the thing.

This pretty much sums it up.....well put Sean.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Dang missed out on the action in this thread, should have had my popcorn ready.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Armada

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
All I can say is if you think every Android device is laggy, corrupts memory, crashes, and is full of crapware you're being misled. I can say that not once has that ever happened to me, or my stable of Android using friends. It's anectdotal evidence but certainly the "Android is all bad things" examples are too. While I won't defend it as fervently as Chetan Takyar, he's right in saying most modern Android devices are far better than in the 2.x era.

However, I'm not going to say Android is right for everyone. Right now I even feel that an iPhone is right to me. Plenty of Android users will dump on the iPhone here, it's true. And plenty iPhone users dump in Android Central. At the end of the day, are you really going to care if your phone feels like it works right for you? I'm getting a bit tired of every Mobile Nations site calling any opposing side a troll. It happens on every one of the forums except for poor dead WebOS Nation. I'm unhappy at the general state of affairs, not really with anyone individually. I don't want to homogenize the discussions but maybe more things can be done to bring more order.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is if you think every Android device is laggy, corrupts memory, crashes, and is full of crapware you're being misled. I can say that not once has that ever happened to me, or my stable of Android using friends. It's anectdotal evidence but certainly the "Android is all bad things" examples are too. While I won't defend it as fervently as Chetan Takyar, he's right in saying most modern Android devices are far better than in the 2.x era.

However, I'm not going to say Android is right for everyone. Right now I even feel that an iPhone is right to me. Plenty of Android users will dump on the iPhone here, it's true. And plenty iPhone users dump in Android Central. At the end of the day, are you really going to care if your phone feels like it works right for you? I'm getting a bit tired of every Mobile Nations site calling any opposing side a troll. It happens on every one of the forums except for poor dead WebOS Nation. I'm unhappy at the general state of affairs, not really with anyone individually. I don't want to homogenize the discussions but maybe more things can be done to bring more order.

In the same way that it's absurd to think that every Android based device is a laggy, unpolished piece of junk...the same holds true at the absurdity that the iPhone is just this basic device with no innovative function or feature. Both sides of the fence hold people who have this pre-judged approach to the other device, and it's a real shame because they never allow themselves to really check out the other stuff because of a mind set...for all they know they could fall in absolute love with one of the other devices, but they'll never give themselves that chance.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is perfect.

These are my views on Android:
- Evolves faster, try out different approaches, not afraid to put something out that is different, new- i.e. more OS updates, more new phones released, bigger screens, google voice. BUT... not everything works all the time. My friend had a 3D camera on one of his HTCs. Didn't catch on. NFC? Fun to play with the tags, but not the massive Google wallet game changer. Look at the G1- that was a turd. Even my Droid was a bit off. But not anymore- my S3 rocks.
- More freedom? Yes- you can change your homescreens, you've got live wallpapers, widgets, there is less restrictions in Google Play in terms of apps, there are more phones to chose from. BUT... not everybody wants to micromanage the look of their homescreens, there is more malware on Google Play- it's not all bad, but more of an issue I'd say, and not every Android phone is a gem.
- Stability? My experience is that they have made HUGE leaps in this area.
- OS has more features. More fun in the beginning and lots of features, but after awhile it gets a bit dull. Google apps are amazing. Google now is pretty cool. 3rd party app selection is improving, but still needs to catch up to iTunes.
- Fragmentation- Kit-kat is is going to send iPhone users cowering! Android is crushing Apple in terms of OS updates! BUT... now the waiting begins to see if your hardware company will port it over to your phone. Don't like that? Then go buy a Nexus- what about freedom to choose? Yeah, well you can choose to buy a Nexus, another phone with the new OS, root, or wait. That's your choice. This is the biggest thing that really upsets me about Android.

Apple?
- More conservative in their approach in terms of updates- they will not simple release a 4", 5", and 6" phone and try out a 3D camera, throw NFC, wireless charging, etc and see what sticks. My impression is that they really think things through before releasing something. Touch ID- from the reports, they really thought it out and it's a very good implementation. The risk is that they can look outdated and if they move too slow or get something wrong, it will hurt them big time since there is 1 update/yr. Most egregious example of moving slowly and conservatively? S models- they are controversial- yes, they have some fantastic updates and features, but at the same time, people can't feel like it's a bit of a cop out
- Yes, Apple is the overlord of your smartphone. But it works- iTunes, syncing to your phone, less worry about malware apps, Kindle is available, all the google apps are available (for how long?) and because Apple has got its fingers in everything, there is less work for you to do. Which can be convienent. Don't need to pick out between 5 phones, 4 different skins, or get gadget envy every 3 months. But it can be restrictive too- pulling apps over content does bother me. And why not implement widgets? They're cool.
- 3rd party apps are more numerous and more interesting. iOS has less features to play with, but there are so many cool apps to pick. But Android does have the emulators and stuff like that.
- Everything just works? Yeah it does. Even support- just go to the Apple store.

A few years ago, yeah iPhone was superior to Android in every single way except for the AT&T exclusive deal. Things are different now. I've used both and they work pretty well. You can't really go wrong with either. Just depends on what you want.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2