• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

I Need Your Help

df79transam

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I feel stupid having to say how it came to this but I was in a hurry to get to work the other morning, was running late, my hands where full so I sat my iPad (it's an iPad 2) on my trucks roof, then I realized I forgot my coffee I fixed and ran inside to get it. I ran out jumped into my truck and... Yeah, forgot I left my iPad on the roof. The first curve I took, it slid off the roof and scared me to death at first, then I realized what it was.

The case I had it in didn't help much, it landed on the upper right corner and shattered the digitizer to pieces, and cracked the lcd. I've been scared to plug it into my charger thinking I'll short something out.

I'm scared I messed it up completely but I am curious if it would work if I bought an lcd for it, charge it, and see if it would power on, then I would buy the digitizer for it and go ahead and fully repair it. I found a refurbished lcd on eBay and hoping to hear back that my idea would work. I'm scared though that the lcd won't power on unless the digitizer is also plugged in. Like I said I need your help, I know a little bit but enough to get me hurt.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd leave that to a professional rather than relying on a YouTube video. Take it to an Apple store if you can d :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman