I jumped ship and I'm so happy, but..can I get some help?

mrtechieguy

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
I jumped ship and I'm so happy, but....

Hi. New iPhone user here. Got a Gold iPhone 5s (3 days ago), I prefer its size. So I jumped from Android and the difference is night and day. I never thought a 2yr old phone performs better than my Android phone before. Anyways, I have questions though...

1) The screen. Its edges has yellow tint thing though it disappears sometimes. I don't know but it's different from my friend's 5s. Mine is quite yellowish and hers is quite bluish. Is it a defect or I'll give it some time?

2) Touch ID. It's clicky. Whenever I put my thumb on it, it's making a little noise. BUT, when I clean it using qtips with alcohol, the clicky sound disappears. I also compared it with my friend's and mine is a little bit soft than hers. Hmm. Weird. Is it some dust or something?

3) Wallpaper. I can't set it to "Still" though I'm selecting the "Still" option, it ends up to "Perspective". Ugh. What do you think is the problem?

4) Camera. Whenever I open my camera from the lock screen, the upper left side option display a yellow triangle thing with exclamation point.

That's it. I hope someone could help mew with these problems. It's my first ever iPhone and I'm keeping it for years. lol Thank you guys.

ritesh

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: I jumped ship and I'm so happy, but....

4) Camera. Whenever I open my camera from the lock screen, the upper left side option display a yellow triangle thing with exclamation point.

This happened when my Camera assembly/ IC was busted. The flash wouldn't work and neither did the rear camera. The yellow triangle would display a message like ' temperature too hot' or something like that. I had to change the camera along with onboard IC to fix that.

mrtechieguy

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site

This happened when my Camera assembly/ IC was busted. The flash wouldn't work and neither did the rear camera. The yellow triangle would display a message like ' temperature too hot' or something like that. I had to change the camera along with onboard IC to fix that.

Mine still works tho. It disappears after the camera opens

szymunk

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
2) Got my new 5s about a week ago and the home button is "clicky" as well. I had trouble getting used to it as 4s 's did not make any sound, but it works perfectly fine.

3) why don't you try Settings->General->Accessibility->Reduce motion? Idk if it works for wallpapers tho.

mrtechieguy

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
2) Got my new 5s about a week ago and the home button is "clicky" as well. I had trouble getting used to it as 4s 's did not make any sound, but it works perfectly fine.

3) why don't you try Settings->General->Accessibility->Reduce motion? Idk if it works for wallpapers tho.

2) Mine disappears sometimes then it goes back. Weird

3) I solved this part now. Thank you

belodion

May 1, 2015
Visit site

Regarding your display, I don't experience yellow edges such as you mention, but certainly the display of my 5s is warmer than that of my 4s.

Posted via the iMore App for Android