I don't get why people are protesting ...

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am not American so I don't really understand the motives behind the protests . Can anyone explain it to me ?

Thanks so much !

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I am not American so I don't really understand the motives behind the protests . Can anyone explain it to me ?

Thanks so much !

It’s part of our first amendment rights. It’s done to demand change from elected leaders when they aren’t effectively protecting the rights of and handling the needs of the people.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I try and not get political on any of the forums, but I have no problem with folks protesting their issues peacefully, but when you start throwing rocks, urine and projectiles at law enforcement and destroying property, you are no longer protestors.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I totally get the rage. We have white cops murdering black people. Enough already. Protesting peacefully has changed nothing since the 60s, enough with the platitudes already. Enough with the thoughts and prayers. Enough with racism. I’m frightened but I get it.
I am white, but I took 43 years of abuse before I finally exploded.
It wasn’t pretty.
But today I am free, damaged as I may be, I am free.
So I understand that sometimes, things need to get worse before they get better.
Society has failed to react accordingly and change its ways.
Racism, discrimination, hate have been interwoven in everything we do hear or see, we privileged folks don’t even notice it anymore.
It seems to me that this country only learns the hard way.
I really hope that this time, the protests will bring a change.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I try and not get political on any of the forums, but I have no problem with folks protesting their issues peacefully, but when you start throwing rocks, urine and projectiles at law enforcement and destroying property, you are no longer protestors.

Colin Kapernick showed us just how effective peaceful protesting was.

mrluky60

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I totally get the rage. We have white cops murdering black people. Enough already. Protesting peacefully has changed nothing since the 60s, enough with the platitudes already. Enough with the thoughts and prayers. Enough with racism. I’m frightened but I get it.
I am white, but I took 43 years of abuse before I finally exploded.
It wasn’t pretty.
But today I am free, damaged as I may be, I am free.
So I understand that sometimes, things need to get worse before they get better.
Society has failed to react accordingly and change its ways.
Racism, discrimination, hate have been interwoven in everything we do hear or see, we privileged folks don’t even notice it anymore.
It seems to me that this country only learns the hard way.
I really hope that this time, the protests will bring a change.

You hit the nail on the head

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2