I Can't Believe I'm Here...... I Miss My 950

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
My last iphone was a Iphone 4 (I think). Since then I have had only Windows Phones. I just love them (curse you Nadella). The app gap didn't bother me overly much. But my battery was going. Hmmm, should I get a replacement - from amazon? I nixed that as they didn't seem to last 2 months. Should I try to find a new 950? Not going to happen. Android was totally out of the question.
I ordered the 8 Plus. I was considering the X, but facial recognition is a no go with me.
The day I received, I thought, "Cripes this is huge - and heavy!" I found the static tiles boring. I didn't like that I can't really personalize the start screen. And DON'T DROP IT WHATEVER YOU DO ! Angry at the world, I boxed the 8 Plus up and started the return process.
The next day, I thought, "You're stupid. What now? Android? Boo Hiss." Next, online chat with Apple to reverse the return. (I wonder how often that happens?). So here I am with my iphone. Can you accept this Microsoft reject? :concern:
The more I use the 8 Plus, the more I'm liking it. I didn't realize how some of the apps I used before (not many) - including the browser - didn't work well. Funnier still is how I got used to that. This isn't a problem anymore with the 8.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. ConGrats on your new iPhone. We don't mind accepting you here. Enjoy the forum

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I had one Windows phone a few years back. I really liked it! But the app situation did bother me. It’s too bad really because I always thought the UI was awesome. Went back to Android and now with Apple.
I really love Apple products now and plan to stay here in this ecosystem.
Hope you enjoy as you get used to your new iPhone!

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
With an X in one hand and a HP Elite X3 in the other, acceptance of you to iMore is easy for me. The X is my primary but the X3 is the phone I hold, caress and remember the old days.

Welcome.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
Thank you all for the welcomes. :) The phone really is smooth and OMG the battery life. I could probably go 4 days before needing a charge. Haven't tested that yet though.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Glad you came to your senses and stopped the return process. I switched from Android in 2010 when iPhone 4 was released. I struggled for maybe a week and haven’t looked back ever since. To me, dependability, hardware quality, and an extremely robust ecosystem far outweigh the sacrifices we make from a software perspective (lack of customization, closed architecture, etc.).
Enjoy your iPhone 8 but, like you said, don’t drop the damn thing!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and the awesome 8+. I don’t mind the weight of the phone. Love the screen real estate and the camera as well. I came from Samsung. Am now in the complete Apple ecosystem. Not regretting the change at all. Just about two years now.
IMore is a great community. You made a great choice. Many of us jumped off the Android wagon too.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77