Why can't I use the letters to type the person I'm calling in the dial pad?

scifi247365

Jul 23, 2019
Visit site
I posted this question without creating an account separately and am now posting it after logging in so that hopefully I should get a]]n update when someone responds to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

I'm a recent convert from android to iPhone and am having some difficulty in getting used to it. One of the things I'm struggling with is when making a call.

In an android phone, all I did was to type the person's name in the dial pad instead of the actual number. However, in an iPhone that is not the case. I have to go into contacts, search for the person I want to call, click on their contact and then press to call them.

How do I get the dial pad to recognise that each button being pressed is also a letter and search in my contacts for those people whose name spells the combination I have dialled.

I am using an iPhone 6S+
The firmware is 12.4

Thank you.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can use the favorites feature in the phone app. You can also see recently called in Recents in the phone app. Just tap on one. You can set up Shortcuts and show contacts as app icons on your home screen. There's also widgets you can use as Shortcuts. You can use Siri to call contacts. I say, "Siri, call my wife!". And she does.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73