How to stop someone from accessing the files in my iphone when connected to their pc

I

iMore Question

Ok guys so I cracked my iphone5 screen few days ago and I am a little scared to get it fixed after I came across stories of store owners who accessed the files of their customers and used it for wrong means. Now, I'm afraid if I give my phone to them for fixing they might.misuse the files saved in my phone. Is there a way I could password protect it from another computer that's tries to access all the files?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Do you have your device protected with a passcode? If so, you're good to go. If the FBI can't get into a locked iPhone neither can the tech at the repair shoppe.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
If you are that worried, you can copy all of your files to Dropbox, remove the originals from your phone, and uninstall Dropbox from the phone until after you get the phone back where you can put the files back onto your phone. That's what I would do regardless.

Be sure you are taking your phone to an authorized Apple repair shop... or directly to an Apple store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2