How to reset ipad 2 without itunes

ov10fac

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
I recently purchased an old ipad2. I did a factory reset from the Configuration menu, but now when I start the ipad I am left at a screen with an image USB cable and the the round itunes icon. I can't get past that. I just want to completely reset this ipad to factory so I can use it with my account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It appears that the device is in recovery mode. Simply connect it to your computer and then initiate iTunes. Follow the prompts to get the device operating correctly. Note: if the device is protected with the iCloud Activation lock, you will have to enter the associated iCloud credentials before you can use the device again.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Yes. If you don't have those credentials there is no way to use any iOS device. It's called Device Protection.

I found that out the hard way when I bought a use iPhone 4 several years ago. I was still an Android fanboy and was interested in the Apple ecosystem. I wound up with a $45 paperweight.

viewcart

Jul 15, 2020
Visit site
If the iPad is showing that it is disabled and connect to iTunes, that is the only option at this point, and yes, it will be erased.

If you had iCloud backup turn on (it is by default) then there will be a backup that can be restored from. In addition, if iCloud photos is on (again on by default) then all the pictures and videos are saved to iCloud, unless your iCloud storage is full then there could be some loss.

There is no way around having to erase the iPad, this is one of the many security features in Apple products. In this case, this is an intrusion detection feature that disables the device after 10 unsuccessful attempts to unlock the iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77