How often do you update your iPad?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The original 9.7-inch iPad Pro that I bought several years ago is still going strong. I gave it to my son when I bought my 2017 MacBook Pro, but like a typical teen, he does everything on his iPhone.

I reclaimed it, cleaned it up and installed the latest iPadOS on it and it’s working like a champ. The Magic Mouse works great with it, too.

Will I upgrade from it anytime soon? I highly doubt it, especially being that I have a work issued 12.9” iPad at my disposal, but I only use it for work purposes. Besides, as I’ve stated on numerous occasions, the iPad doesn’t work for me for full-time use.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
The original 9.7-inch iPad Pro that I bought several years ago is still going strong. I gave it to my son when I bought my 2017 MacBook Pro, but like a typical teen, he does everything on his iPhone.

I reclaimed it, cleaned it up and installed the latest iPadOS on it and it’s working like a champ. The Magic Mouse works great with it, too.

Will I upgrade from it anytime soon? I highly doubt it, especially being that I have a work issued 12.9” iPad at my disposal, but I only use it for work purposes. Besides, as I’ve stated on numerous occasions, the iPad doesn’t work for me for full-time use.

Boom!

(Mic drop)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have the 9.7 6th generation. I want more in my iPad so I am receiving the new Air 4 Monday! Lucky me having the day off. I ended up gifting my 9.7 to my brother

I have been with Apple since the debacle of the Note 7. This will be my 3rd iPad. Am done for awhile.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve bought several different iPads for my kids & mom over the years. Personally, I’ve only had 2. The iPad 3 & iPad Mini2, which I happen to be using to watch YouTube right now Although I always want a new iPad, I’m just not sure I’ll use it for anything other than YouTube or my Forensic Files fix when I’m in my bedroom, since I don’t have a TV in that room. I really wish they would release a Mini with all the fancy features of the other ones....but even still I’d probably just contemplate then not get it. It’s a cycle I’ve been on for years

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just received an 8th generation 128 gig Ipad as an award from work. Very happy with it! I would not have spent this much if I was paying, but on someone else's dime it's great! It's replacing a gen 3 I picked up for $25 that was good enough for YouTube etc.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I just received an 8th generation 128 gig Ipad as an award from work. Very happy with it! I would not have spent this much if I was paying, but on someone else's dime it's great! It's replacing a gen 3 I picked up for $25 that was good enough for YouTube etc.

Congratulations....;)

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

That is fantastic! Congratulations!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Congratulations!!!

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I gifted my 9.7 iPad to my brother when I received my new ipad air4. I will be hanging on to this ipad. Love it!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I gifted my 9.7 iPad to my brother when I received my new ipad air4. I will be hanging on to this ipad. Love it!

Congrats!!! What color did you get? I’m still hanging on to my Mini 2 like a crazy personI really need ti get rid of it…it’s sooooo slow!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I’ve bought several different iPads for my kids & mom over the years. Personally, I’ve only had 2. The iPad 3 & iPad Mini2, which I happen to be using to watch YouTube right now Although I always want a new iPad, I’m just not sure I’ll use it for anything other than YouTube or my Forensic Files fix when I’m in my bedroom, since I don’t have a TV in that room. I really wish they would release a Mini with all the fancy features of the other ones....but even still I’d probably just contemplate then not get it. It’s a cycle I’ve been on for years

UPDATE….today I caved & picked up a 256GB Silver iPad Pro 11” to replace my iPad Mini 2. The thing that, finally, made me upgrade was when I realized I couldn’t get Apple Fitness on my Mini. I don’t want to workout in my living room every day & using it on my phone was a no go. I thought about getting the newest Mini or the iPad Air, but I decided on a Pro because of the M1 chip….I’m sure that will make some sort of a difference in the long run. So far, I’m enjoying it. Just need to take some time and figure out all the things I can do with iPadOS. Might even get an Apple Pencil for the hell of it

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
UPDATE….today I caved & picked up a 256GB Silver iPad Pro 11” to replace my iPad Mini 2. The thing that, finally, made me upgrade was when I realized I couldn’t get Apple Fitness on my Mini. I don’t want to workout in my living room every day & using it on my phone was a no go. I thought about getting the newest Mini or the iPad Air, but I decided on a Pro because of the M1 chip….I’m sure that will make some sort of a difference in the long run. So far, I’m enjoying it. Just need to take some time and figure out all the things I can do with iPadOS. Might even get an Apple Pencil for the hell of it

That is soooo exciting!

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site

Congrats on your new iPad Pro! I’ve been contemplating an iPad for Apple Fitness+ because I want something portable so I’m not tied to my Apple TV in the living room and using my iPhone is a pain during a workout. Thanks for giving me the green light. Enjoy yours

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
That is soooo exciting!

I’m very excited. It feels familiar, but there are so many new things in iPadOS that it feels really new at the same time…if that makes sense lol

Congrats on your new iPad Pro! I’ve been contemplating an iPad for Apple Fitness+ because I want something portable so I’m not tied to my Apple TV in the living room and using my iPhone is a pain during a workout. Thanks for giving me the green light. Enjoy yours

Glad I could help I used it this morning to do yoga & a core workout & it was great nor having to be in the living room. Plus I can do workouts more comfortably when I’m traveling. Idk why I didn’t think of this before now

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Glad I could help I used it this morning to do yoga & a core workout & it was great nor having to be in the living room. Plus I can do workouts more comfortably when I’m traveling. Idk why I didn’t think of this before now

So I picked up a new iPad Mini 5 (256gb space gray) to use with my treadmill runs for Apple Fitness+ and OMG why didn't I think to do this sooner duh. Perfect size that fits on my treadmill stand (tried using my iPad Air 2 but it's too bulky). My workout last night was so much better than on my iPhone Pro Max. I know there's a rumored iPad Mini 6 for next month but who cares as this meets my needs for right now (Apple please don't tempt me). Thanks for being an enabler LOL!

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
So I picked up a new iPad Mini 5 (256gb space gray) to use with my treadmill runs for Apple Fitness+ and OMG why didn't I think to do this sooner duh. Perfect size that fits on my treadmill stand (tried using my iPad Air 2 but it's too bulky). My workout last night was so much better than on my iPhone Pro Max. I know there's a rumored iPad Mini 6 for next month but who cares as this meets my needs for right now (Apple please don't tempt me). Thanks for being an enabler LOL!

Enabling is fun Congrats on your Mini & glad you’re enjoying it!!! It’s the smallest features that make the biggest difference.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I got the iPad Air 4 when it released. I will be keeping it. No plans to upgrade. It is almost paid off so lowering my bill will be a good thing. It gets all the updates . I just got the new iMac desktop so I really must STOP my obsession with Apple🤪

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2