How much Data Usage?

esmooth27

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I've got a question about how much data usage I use. I'm one of those loyal AT&T customers thats been here for 12 years, and I hope to continue but this data debate between sprint and AT&T has me puzzled. Hopefully you guys can give me a better understanding.

I used to have an unlimited data plan years back, but when I upgraded my phone to a blackberry I had to enroll in the unlimited blackberry data plan, which means I'm out of luck of being grandfathered into todays plan. My question is that I plan to leave my iphone 4s running at all times which would enable me to recieve my pushed emails just like my blackberry did. My dilemma is can someone give me an idea as to how much data that would be, as well I anticipate downloading iphone apps which Im sure will greatly increase or possibly double my data usage.

I struggle with staying with AT&T because I recieve a 29% discount on my total bill which is a great deal, but the possibility of me paying overages due to data usage is something that really wouldn't be of concern at sprint. My job provides a 12-15% discount with sprint, so I'm stuck debating between remaining with AT&T which I have no complaints in 12yrs, or do I take chance with sprints "unlimited data" package.

Thanks in adavance!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think you should contact AT&T's customer care as I don't think you are out of luck as far as keeping your unlimited data plan. My friend just upgraded her BB Bold to the iPhone 4, and she was able to keep the unlimited data plan. The rep. simply switched her from the BB unlimited data plan over to the unlimited data for iPhones. So before you think about whether or not you'll need to switch, call customer care and ask them about your unlimited data plan first. :)

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree that you should call AT&T first before downgrading your plan. Chances are that you will be eligible for the unlimited plan.

As far as your question goes, do you use Wifi at home? I switched to AT&T after the end of the unlimited plan, so I have the 2GB plan. I use maybe 300MB on a heavy month outside of my house. Pushed emails do not take up much data at all. If I want to download a large app, I usually just do it from my computer and sync it to the phone.

BarronN30

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, not sure if this would help you but right now I am using a program called iDataSpy (had a free promo a while back).
Although I have no data plan right now since I am using my iPhone as a iTouch, I can still keep track of my Wi-Fi usage and I can set a limit.
I set it to 2 GB/month so I can determine how much I will be using in the future when I get the iPhone 4S.
Its been 12 days into October and I have used 711 MB so far from just web browsing, checking emails, and occasionally download a few apps and used them - some required internet (Haven't touched youtube or streaming).
I also have a friend that is on 2GB data plan and he said he only uses up to 1-1.5 gb a month by running AIM daily, checking emails, and occasional web browse.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiadaHuerta