How many people would get the Samsung GS3 if the next iPhone doesn't come out soon

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
More than happy with my iPhone 4s. The GS3 is a typical Samsung. I.e plasticky heap of s*** used one yesterday and laughed at just how big and clunky it is. Also Android no matter how hard they try just lacks polish. It's so crashy buggy and rubbish. S-voice crashed instantly and locked the entire phone. It was only reset by removing the battery.

Seriously guys if you can't wait then buy a 4s enjoy for a few months then sell it and put the money towards an offline iPhone 5. You may have to put in a few of your own bucks but hey you will have owned used and undoubtedly loved an iPhone 4s for a good few months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
But once the iPhone comes out, you're going to feel really dumb. I would wait until the day the iPhone comes out to think about getting the GS3 and even then I probably wouldn't get it because Samsung is going to make a newer phone that has to add the feature from the new iPhone.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I don't like admitting it, but the GS3 makes the 4S look like a toy, I really really really hope Apple has something big hidden up their sleeve. If iOS 6's big new feature is another dumb row of icons on a stretched screen, I'm probably gonna try one out. I forgot how "un-smart" the iPhone feels with the stock OS, it's like a dumbphone with a big touchscreen and a bunch of apps.

Pretty much...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I go back and forth. iOS is stable. It just works. It may be boring compared to android, but it works. I get bored with that and want the widgets and live wallpapers. Then I go Android and while it's sexy and fun, it's got issues. Then I get fed up with that and go back to iOS.

Well said!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
More than happy with my iPhone 4s. The GS3 is a typical Samsung. I.e plasticky heap of s*** used one yesterday and laughed at just how big and clunky it is. Also Android no matter how hard they try just lacks polish. It's so crashy buggy and rubbish. S-voice crashed instantly and locked the entire phone. It was only reset by removing the battery.

Seriously guys if you can't wait then buy a 4s enjoy for a few months then sell it and put the money towards an offline iPhone 5. You may have to put in a few of your own bucks but hey you will have owned used and undoubtedly loved an iPhone 4s for a good few months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct about the GS3 being made up of plastic, however, none of the people who actually "own" and "use" the GS3 on a daily basis ever described it as being "cheap". I have read many reviews on it and most people if not all state that it is very "solid" in the hand having a premium feel to it. Also, your post is actually the first one where I read about S-Voice crashing and locking up the phone. As to your comment about Android lacking polish, this is your opinion, and one that I and many other Android supporters don't agree on. Actually I think IceCream Sandwich is a great Android Version and it can only get better with the upcoming Android Jellybean update.

Sent from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD.

kunalz555

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
GS3 built up quality is poor, my friend accidently dropped his GS3 from a distance of 2ft and the display was gone. When we went to samsung service center we saw many people having problems after doing OTA update of their OS especially note users. My friend sold his iPhone 4 to get GS3 and he is regretting that decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I actually traded my Galaxy Nexus for an iPhone 4 cause I wanted to go back iOS after using Android for two years before that I had a 3GS and loved it. It's pretty funny when I went to Android from iOS I gave my friends that iPhones such a hard time lol now I have one again and am waiting for the new iPhone eagerly.

Transmitted from my iPad LTE using Tapatalk HD

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
GS3 built up quality is poor, my friend accidently dropped his GS3 from a distance of 1ft and the display was gone. When we went to samsung service center we saw many people having problems after doing OTA update of their OS especially note users. My friend sold his iPhone 4 to get GS3 and he is regretting that decision.

Which is it, 1 or 2 feet? You say 1 foot here, and in this post you say 2: :confused:

Yesterday morning my friend dropped his 5 days old S3 from a distance of 2ft and his phone display went off, so we went to samsung service center nearby and the cost of replacing is Rs 8,000 ($160).
http://forums.imore.com/smartphone-forum/236679-samsung-galaxy-s3-display-gone.html#post1889492

Not that it really matters, though, as I have read and actually seen the display of both the iPhone 4 and 4S crack from the same height as you mentioned here. It's no secret that ANY screen that is made up of glass can and does break depending on how it hits the ground. Case in point; in this video you will see a drop test in which the iPhone is dropped from the same height 2 times. The first drop did not crack the screen while the second drop did crack it due to the way it landed. :cool:

OFFICIAL: iPhone 4S Drop Test Outside AT&T - YouTube

Last edited:

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
GS3 built up quality is poor

Well you're right.

Any new product is going to have issues. With the iPhone there were issues with supply, activation, the glass panels being fragile, antennagate, AT&T service, battery life, etc. So the gs3 has issues. Some people are complaining about the silver colored frame's paint flaking off, the cell standby time being a battery hog, Verizon users are worried that the signal quality won't be as good, etc.

Which is why it's not a bad idea to buy 1 month later after release- you avoid the mad rush of people at the stores, possible mix-ups with pre-orders, and the early adopters can test the phone and updates can be issued. And if problems persist, you can pass and wait for the next great phone. The only phone I bought the day it came out was the iPhone 3GS- but then again that was a rewarmed 3G.

I really am interested in the gs3, but I can wait. My phone is working, the iPhone 5 will be out in a few months, and I'm pretty sure there are gonna be at least 2 new flagship JB Android phones between now and then.

Fixxy

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely wouldn't. The iOS vs android debate doesn't even come into it. It is outrageously expensive to repair Samsung phones. Just the display assembly is often over $200. You drop it once and your carrier unzips their pants.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I got the GS3 couple days ago and a day later I'm back on the the 4s. The screen is to big to use with one had and seems like you would have to do twice as much clicks to do something unlike iOS.

Via Tapatalk iPhone 4S

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The S3 has me seriously considering Android for the first time. I'm going to see what the next iPhone has to offer, I'd love to stick wiith the iPhone, but as far as what I'm looking for Android is seriously closing the gap. At this point it's mainly the superior (IMO) hardware that's keeping me around because iOS6 (again, IMO) was a HUGE letdown.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If the iPhone 5 will have a jailbreak, then I would probably upgrade to it. My 4S is good for me now soo I won't just jump ship to GS3 for a bigger screen and some gimmicks.

Cheggy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Definately..... Im bored of iPhones now, time for a change.

If the iPhone 5 will have a jailbreak, then I would probably upgrade to it. My 4S is good for me now soo I won't just jump ship to GS3 for a bigger screen and some gimmicks.

Ive never understood people like this, why is a good thing on an iphone classed as a "feature", yet on anything else its classed as a "gimmick"??

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Like many have said before me, absolutely loving the IPhone still, so it's wont be difficult for me to wait for the next IPhone or for the BB10 phones. The IPhone 4S' been serving me well so far.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm liking the iPhone too much to switch. Android can be awesome if you have the right device and on the right network, but the iPhone is drama free for me. The SGS III looks killer. I would love to play around with it. But afterward, I will be going back to my iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to consider it. I have the iPhone 4 right now so I am eligible for an upgrade on ATT. I will also be switching to Verizon when the next iPhone comes out since I do not have ATT coverage where I now live.

I'll see how much I will lose/gain.

I want the iPhone 5 but if I can have the S3 as a backup plan or to sell, that will be nice.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77