How important is the location of the fingerprint scanner?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Pretty important that it's on the front of the phone. If they moved it to the rear I'd probably just go back to using my password again.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Pretty important. As a user of the S8, that is one of my issues. The finger print sensor isn't very convenient. And with it being in line with the flash and camera, it's too easy to smudge one of those other components. I'm not sure I'd rush to order an iPhone 8 if that's where they place it. I'd rather they keep the home button another year until they can do it right.

anon(10297662)

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
I think it's very important... I personally prefer using fingerprint scanners on the front of phones. I've been using the OnePlus 5 recently and that is a great example of how a fingerprint scanner should be done!

dcunited08

Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
I prefer the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone like the Nexus and Pixel phones. Saves space on the front go the phone. The Apple logo would make a great location on my 6S+.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone like the Nexus and Pixel phones. Saves space on the front go the phone. The Apple logo would make a great location on my 6S+.

On the back is nice. But if it’s like the Note 8, which is right next to the camera.. it’s very awkward.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77