How do you edit the Activity app?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
got my first Apple Watch last Monday. how do you edit the Activity app? I can’t seem to figure it out. for example, how long I stand has been out of sync, it says ive stood for 2/12 hours when I’ve only stood for let’s say 10 minutes total

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: activity app

It can definitely be a bit confusing to figure out! Here’s information from Apple’s support page about the Activity App:

[Stand]
The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around.
If you specify that you use a wheelchair, the Stand ring switches to the Roll ring. Roll shows hours in which you’ve pushed around for at least 1 minute.
You can’t change your Stand or Roll goal, but you can change your Move goal.

To read more tap on this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204517

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

oh, so you can’t change stand? I thought stand was measured by hours

It says hours, however, it only measures within each hour. So it’s not technically mislabeled, just a little misleading. If you get a stand hour at 1:59 and one at 2:01 you get 2 stand hours and the watch won’t bother you about it until 3:50. The stand notification is ten minutes before the hour so you have a few minutes to complete it.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I’m a cashier at grocery store and I usually stand eight hours a day -15 minutes for a break. How does that calculate. Lol

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

You should get credit for 1 minute per each hour, totaling 8 hours. You would need to get One minute for another 4 hours In order to close your stand ring. That should be a piece of cake for you! Your should get notifications on your watch when it’s time to stand!

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I’m a cashier at grocery store and I usually stand eight hours a day -15 minutes for a break. How does that calculate. Lol

You have to also move a little bit when you stand. If you are completely still (more specifically if your arm wearing the watch is completely still), it won't register your "standing" during that hour.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

You should get credit for 1 minute per each hour, totaling 8 hours. You would need to get One minute for another 4 hours In order to close your stand ring. That should be a piece of cake for you! Your should get notifications on your watch when it’s time to stand!

I do. What’s breathe Notification

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, the grayed out one indicates that you had the watch on, but you didn't register a "Stand" function during that hour.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
nice, I just tried that and it worked. My next question is are you able to add datq in your move goel in your activity app. for example I raised my move goal not realizing it would raise the same day

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
You helped me learn something Chris! You can delete a workout by going to the Activity App on your iPhone. From there, tap the Workouts tab, and select the workout you wish to delete, swipe right and then tap delete.

From everything that I’ve been able to read I believe that it’s not possible to edit a workout once it’s been saved.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
nice, I just tried that and it worked. My next question is are you able to add datq in your move goel in your activity app. for example I raised my move goal not realizing it would raise the same day

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I totally get this but I do not believe this is possible. If I’m incorrect , hopefully somebody else will come along and is explaining how to do so.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Can you clarify what you mean? Do you want to lower your goal again? You just hold down on the Activity app on the watch and it will pop up so you can adjust it.

You can also manually add a workout in the Health App. I only ever add the name here, never the calories because AW has already counted them.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Can you clarify what you mean? Do you want to lower your goal again? You just hold down on the Activity app on the watch and it will pop up so you can adjust it.

You can also manually add a workout in the Health App. I only ever add the name here, never the calories because AW has already counted them.

Are you able to add to MOVE etc? for example I raised my move goal not realizing it would raise the same day

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacker