Question how do i stop carplay maps

JC1

Mar 27, 2023
Visit site
I used the Maps on CarPlay for the first time and it was good and all but now I cannot stop the app from running. It starts up whenever I start CarPlay. How do i stop CarPlay Maps from starting up when carplay starts up?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I used the Maps on CarPlay for the first time and it was good and all but now I cannot stop the app from running. It starts up whenever I start CarPlay. How do i stop CarPlay Maps from starting up when carplay starts up?
Welcome to iMore! How do you connect to CarPlay? I use a cable, and sometimes, if I have Apple Maps active on my iPhone, it automatically starts up when I connect to CarPlay.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’m going to go out on a limb and assume you have wireless CarPlay. Whether you have it or not, CarPlay typically remembers the last app running and therefore, if you were displaying Maps when you turned off your car then it should display it agin when you start it up again and initiate CarPlay.

With that being said, choose a different app within CarPlay before turning off your car.

Reactions: Annie_M

JC1

Mar 27, 2023
Visit site
Yes it is connecting wirelessly. The issue is that when I am running Carplay I am unable to turn the map app off that I had started in CarPlay. I have even tried removing and disabling the app from my iphone and that has no effect either.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is connecting wirelessly. The issue is that when I am running Carplay I am unable to turn the map app off that I had started in CarPlay. I have even tried removing and disabling the app from my iphone and that has no effect either.

At the bottom of the screen, you should see something similar to an upward facing arrow. (I’m not in my car at the moment and am trying to assist based on my memory). Anyway, when you select the arrow, you should the option to “End Route” or something to that effect. Select that option to end the maps navigation.

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if you're having the same issue as I was having. I have wireless Carplay. Each time I started the vehicle, it would show me where it thinks I am heading, for example how to return home from the grocery store. I had to go into Privacy&Security>Location Services>System Services>Significant Locations and turn that off.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm not sure if you're having the same issue as I was having. I have wireless Carplay. Each time I started the vehicle, it would show me where it thinks I am heading, for example how to return home from the grocery store. I had to go into Privacy&Security>Location Services>System Services>Significant Locations and turn that off.

I have wired CarPlay, yet mine behaves the same way!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2