How do I move storage from my original 5gb to my extra space with 23.3 GB available

I

iMore Question

I can't download update bc it says I only have 2.6 GB available however I purchase 25GB but it says I am only using 1.7 of the 25 GB of total storage. Storage says I only have 2.6 GB of 6.0
How do I move the storage to my total storage so there is enough room for the update to start.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Back up your device to iCloud. Once you've done that you can remove enough data from your device to run the update.

One of the things you can do is remove large apps. The update needs 5.6 to run if I remember correctly.

Once the update us finished you can restore from the backup.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't download update bc it says I only have 2.6 GB available however I purchase 25GB but it says I am only using 1.7 of the 25 GB of total storage. Storage says I only have 2.6 GB of 6.0
How do I move the storage to my total storage so there is enough room for the update to start.

The 5 GB of storage (and the additional that you purchased) are NOT on your phone. They are for offline backups, and cloud storage for sharing with other devices. Buying more cloud storage will not fix the issue of not having enough (internal) storage available for downloading iOS updates. What they will do is provide you with a place to backup your device. After backing it up, you can delete the larger items (music, movies) to allow you to do the iOS upgrades, and then RESTORE the content from your cloud backup on your updated device.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson