How do I get my 4S off of unsolicited emergency mode?

I

iMore Question

4S Stuck on unsolicited emergency mode, asking for really long PW

With no action on my part (or at least on purpose) my iPhone 4S 7.1.2 has gone into emergency mode. Emergency mode asks for a really long PW (I have never seen this and don't know what it is). I can access the keypad screen, but not dial any other number. I can see the regular phone lock screen, and it offers me a slide option, but only goes to the emergency screen.

I am able to swipe up from locked screen and access wifi/airplane mode/cell mode, etc. I have tried turning them all off and all on.

I have tried powering off and on, holding down the home button, trying to dial a non-emergency number from the keypad (it will not dial, and red emergency word is still there), powering off & on quickly, powering off & letting it sit overnight, triple Home button tap, etc.

I tried to sync it to iTunes so at least I could have a backup.

It imported my pics & movies fine, but I couldn't even open file names on anything else on the iphone. iTunes is telling me it cannot do anything with a locked phone. There is no place to input my 4 digit unlock password.

I want to fix this without recovery, restore of DFU. I want my info. iTunes is asking me to update to V8, but I am not sure if that would hurt or help since the phone is disabled.

The only thing I haven't done is try to call the emergency number. I don't want to bother them.

Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: 4S Stuck on unsolicited emergency mode, asking for really long PW

Could someone have locked the device via 'Find my iPhone' from another device using your AppleID? Or via iCloud using your AppleID?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2