Here’s what Android users think of the iPhone 11 Pro

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
1. Technically speaking the Note 10+ has a brighter and sharper display than the 11 Pro. Not false (why is it every time I say something you seem to pop up to discredit it, leading to a debate?)

2. A rumour is a rumour. It could be true, but also might not be. I’m curious to see what will eventually happen.

3. The rumour in question was saying that the two may be merged, not that Samsung won’t make flagship phones anymore.

4. I think @TgeekB was talking about the video you posted near the start of the thread. And as he said, it’s incredibly easy to find one (usually clickbait) supporting your view point, so it means nothing.

5. The iPhone 11 Pro looks like a great device. Not sure about the aesthetics but the increased customisation options, (finally) better battery life, in box fast charging and excellent cameras look pretty cool.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Note 10 comes out of the box with fhd, most users leave it on fhd to conserver battery life. What it doesn’t come with is Dolby vision like the the iPhone pro, that’s not a technicality.

The meaningless review has emperical data that states other wise.
44dd17642458361b9d2ecf66942eeb6f.jpg

Not much of a rumor due to poor sales of both the note 10 and s10 series, even with the generous promotions and discounts. Samsung flagship phones have failed to sell over the past few years. They can do so whatever they want about it and will, whether you agree with their course of action or not.

Actually he claimed to have been referring to a video that didn’t exist. The video I posted has quantitative data that discredits your claims, being wrong isn’t much of a debate.

Here I will post a screenshot again
c282242c982ec478a984e4518b3b3ebb.jpg

That’s not meaningless, no matter how much you keep claiming it to be.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The video I posted has quantitative data that discredits your claims, being wrong isn’t much of a debate.

Ahh, statistics. I always enjoy when someone finds a study that fits their hypothesis and thinks it’s irrefutable. We should also speak about statistical significance or about how studies can be flawed. That’s why we should always look at more than one study.
We could discuss this further but it’s really not the topic of the thread. My point is that one article, video, forum post, etc. does not prove anything. People form opinions based on bias which can be a slippery slope.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, statistics. I always enjoy when someone finds a study that fits their hypothesis and thinks it’s irrefutable. We should also speak about statistical significance or about how studies can be flawed. That’s why we should always look at more than one study.
We could discuss this further but it’s really not the topic of the thread. My point is that one article, video, forum post, etc. does not prove anything. People form opinions based on bias which can be a slippery slope.

Actually statistics is quite different to empirical data. You can’t use them interchangeably even though you are trying to.

It’s probably why your conclusion is flawed.

Edit:
Guess this makes it official.

https://forums.imore.com/imore-com...phone-11-pro-has-best-display-smartphone.html

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
The thing that has always made me laugh is how Apple NEVER said they have "invented" any of this. They tout their inclusion of features as unique to them and the "best", sure. But they don't market anything as being exclusive or new to the iPhone.

These commenters are under this impression that 1) we (iPhone users) care about what their Android phones have and 2) that Apple is saying their phones DON'T have these features.

Neither of those are true statements. The majority of iPhone users pay next to NO attention about what the Android phones are doing. They simply enjoy iPhones and welcome any new feature that comes to them. They have no concern about what the Android phones are offering.

Apple also is no marketing the features they announce as brand new. They acknowledge OLED existed before. They just say THEIR screens are different due to how they spec them. They've never said anything they are doing is brand new.

At the end of the day...simply enjoy the phone you have. If you're not interested in iPhones then don't follow iPhones. If you're not interested in Android then don't follow Android. All of these phones are incredibly capable devices. It's about personal preference. Nothing more, nothing less. Who cares at the end of the day?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
The thing that has always made me laugh is how Apple NEVER said they have "invented" any of this. They tout their inclusion of features as unique to them and the "best", sure. But they don't market anything as being exclusive or new to the iPhone.

These commenters are under this impression that 1) we (iPhone users) care about what their Android phones have and 2) that Apple is saying their phones DON'T have these features.

Neither of those are true statements. The majority of iPhone users pay next to NO attention about what the Android phones are doing. They simply enjoy iPhones and welcome any new feature that comes to them. They have no concern about what the Android phones are offering.

Apple also is no marketing the features they announce as brand new. They acknowledge OLED existed before. They just say THEIR screens are different due to how they spec them. They've never said anything they are doing is brand new.

At the end of the day...simply enjoy the phone you have. If you're not interested in iPhones then don't follow iPhones. If you're not interested in Android then don't follow Android. All of these phones are incredibly capable devices. It's about personal preference. Nothing more, nothing less. Who cares at the end of the day?

Your quite right.

Just like to add that neither Apple nor Samsung invented oled or pentile matrix displays, they both license the technology from the same source.

Most android users don’t seem to realize that, most Samsung users won’t even acknowledge it.

Hope everyone enjoys whatever devices they may carry, I certainly do.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I really don’t give a horses tail what anyone thinks of what phone I use. I have what works best for me and others will use what works best for them.

Well Pink here we go again...LOL. We've seen/heard this for almost ten years now. When will they learn you don't need validation to use the device you like without looking to compare yours to mine.
I have noticed Members of Mobile Nations that have been around for awhile don't give a horses "tail" (we know the real word there...LOL) what you think or use.
For whom ever needs to hear this (G), just use what's best for you and you don't need to "backdoor" TROLL, that's why we have different smartphone forums in Mobile Nations.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site
Well Pink here we go again...LOL. We've seen/heard this for almost ten years now. When will they learn you don't need validation to use the device you like without looking to compare yours to mine.
I have noticed Members of Mobile Nations that have been around for awhile don't give a horses "tail" (we know the real word there...LOL) what you think or use.
For whom ever needs to hear this (G), just use what's best for you and you don't need to "backdoor" TROLL, that's why we have different smartphone forums in Mobile Nations.

For the second time, I’m NOT A TROLL (seriously?). I’ve said many positive things about Apple and its devices on this forum (believe it or not). if you can find which threads they’re on (iPhone 11, iOS 13 etc). As I’ve said before, I use an iPad Pro and had iPhones...and have an interest in them.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

well said D🥳

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I like what I like, and I respect others likes and dislikes even if they aren't similar to mine. The title of this thread bothered me when I saw it... because it seems to me like it's just begging to start an argument. :D

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I like what I like, and I respect others likes and dislikes even if they aren't similar to mine. The title of this thread bothered me when I saw it... because it seems to me like it's just begging to start an argument. :D

I agree.
I don’t need articles or data to tell me what I should like. I enjoy using my XR because......I like it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For the second time, I’m NOT A TROLL (seriously?). I’ve said many positive things about Apple and its devices on this forum (believe it or not). if you can find which threads they’re on (iPhone 11, iOS 13 etc). As I’ve said before, I use an iPad Pro and had iPhones...and have an interest in them.

You have indeed been respectful in your posts and you have mentioned good things about Apple products. With that being said, I think what turns some people off here in the iMore Forums is your perceived knack for always finding a comparison between the two brands. In and of itself, the comparisons are fine, but in a forum that primarily caters to Apple products and services, they can be perceived as being disrespectful.

Members who hang out here want to discuss Apple, not Android and they don’t care what Androids may have that iPhones may not. Anyway, I hope that made sense....

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
You have indeed been respectful in your posts and you have mentioned good things about Apple products. With that being said, I think what turns some people off here in the iMore Forums is your perceived knack for always finding a comparison between the two brands. In and of itself, the comparisons are fine, but in a forum that primarily caters to Apple products and services, they can be perceived as being disrespectful.

Members who hang out here want to discuss Apple, not Android and they don’t care what Androids may have that iPhones may not. Anyway, I hope that made sense....

I agree but, at the same time, it’s not good to live in a silo. Innovation (however you define it) stems from competition. That’s not to say a back and forth argument about feature sets, but bringing up differences can lead to improvements. If not heard, there is no reason for Apple or Google to improve.
Sometimes it’s good to have an outside perspective to make us think about something we wouldn’t ordinarily think about. Done in a respectful way of course.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I agree but, at the same time, it’s not good to live in a silo. Innovation (however you define it) stems from competition. That’s not to say a back and forth argument about feature sets, but bringing up differences can lead to improvements. If not heard, there is no reason for Apple or Google to improve.
Sometimes it’s good to have an outside perspective to make us think about something we wouldn’t ordinarily think about. Done in a respectful way of course.

Agreed when you’re referring to direct talks with Apple, but people who primarily use Apple products tend to be more content than people who are not. It doesn’t mean we don’t want or expect improvements, but we also don’t dwell on them which is evident by our lack of concern when someone mentions all the things that an Android can do that an iPhone cannot. Believe me, if we had a serious need for something that the iPhone could not provide, we’d go and purchase it, but since that product doesn’t yet exist, we stick with what works ‘for us’.

We like the iPhone and iOS. We know the pros and cons, but the pros overwhelmingly outweigh the cons. There are a lot of outstanding Android devices that are far better spec’d than the iPhone, but that doesn’t mean it’s better for us.

There’s a reason simplicity is almost always preferred.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Agreed when you’re referring to direct talks with Apple, but people who primarily use Apple products tend to be more content than people who are not. It doesn’t mean we don’t want or expect improvements, but we also don’t dwell on them which is evident by our lack of concern when someone mentions all the things that an Android can do that an iPhone cannot. Believe me, if we had a serious need for something that the iPhone could not provide, we’d go and purchase it, but since that product doesn’t yet exist, we stick with what works ‘for us’.

We like the iPhone and iOS. We know the pros and cons, but the pros overwhelmingly outweigh the cons. There are a lot of outstanding Android devices that are far better spec’d than the iPhone, but that doesn’t mean it’s better for us.

There’s a reason simplicity is almost always preferred.

I agree and, in my instance, the iPhone works best for me also though I do play with a Android too.

I guess I am different than most iPhone users though because I am open to change and, while not focused on change for change sake, enjoy the adventure that comes with it. For instance, while I ultimately enjoy where I live I love to travel especially to Europe. It presents a different viewpoint and forces me to see the world in a different light.

But now I’m rambling. I have to give credit to the faithful like yourself here at iMore. You are respectful to those of us who are a bit different and I can’t ask for more. That’s why I keep coming back.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

It's not about living in a silo and we don't. However every time I come to iMore I don't want to constantly hear/read Apple is good but Android is better either. Indeed competition brings improvements, but that's not what is being portrayed with these posts. This is nothing more than asteism (however you define it), those are nice shoes, but your feet are ugly, this food taste good, but mine taste better type of concept. It's actually a form of brainwashing one into believing they have something that is inferior compared to next person or product.
Outside perspective can be informative without asteism.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77