• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

help with wifi issue?

Bosox20

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
last night and today, my wifi on the ipod is not working. well, it says its on but nothing happens. I know my wifi in house i working because both my laptop are working just fine with the internet connection. the ipod says i'm connected, i see the wifi signal strong, yet any app or site i go to, the circle thing just spins and nothing updates. any ideas??

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I would also suggest wiping the iPod and reinstalling the OS. But don't restore from a backup you may have of your iPod I. iTunes- start all over with a fresh i stall and re-sync. If there is an issue with the iPod software then the backup may also have the issue and simply replicate it after restoring.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would also suggest wiping the iPod and reinstalling the OS. But don't restore from a backup you may have of your iPod I. iTunes- start all over with a fresh i stall and re-sync. If there is an issue with the iPod software then the backup may also have the issue and simply replicate it after restoring.

Like others have said, try rebooting, or forgetting the network, then rejoining it. As a last resort, do a restore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman