HELP! My notes on "ON MY IPHONE" are gone

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
Hello! Few days ago when I was haft way take note on my "ON MY IPHONE" notes suddenly out of blue the app shutdown and when I started the notes app again all my notes from "ON MY IPHONE" are gone, so I don't understand how come my phone behaves that way. Has any of you been in a same situation before? What did you do? Can you get them back? PLEASE HELP.

*Excuse my bad English

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello! Few days ago when I was haft way take note on my "ON MY IPHONE" notes suddenly out of blue the app shutdown and when I started the notes app again all my notes from "ON MY IPHONE" are gone, so I don't understand how come my phone behaves that way. Has any of you been in a same situation before? What did you do? Can you get them back? PLEASE HELP.

*Excuse my bad English

Your English is okay. No excuses necessary.
As for why your notes have disappeared, I have no clue.
Did you look in the iCloud section of notes if they are by any chance there?
And for future safety of your notes, I recommend you to store your notes there to avoid this kind of situations.

Also, try restarting your iPhone to see if they’ll reappear in the on my iPhone section.
Good luck.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi! All my notes from Icloud are still there but those notes from "On My Iphone" are nowhere to be found.T.T

Those on "on my iPhone" are local and are not synced with iCloud. Only use iCloud for notes you want to save. What did you do for those notes to disappear? Set up a new phone?

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
No! I was just writing few things down and out of nowhere it shut itself down. Those notes are as importance as those from Icloud. I seprate notes to "ON MY IPHONE" just because those notes are the list that I'm gonna do first since notes in my Icloud are alots, I was afraid that I gonna forget to do those and now I don't remember what am I going to do...:|

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No! I was just writing few things down and out of nowhere it shut itself down. Those notes are as importance as those from Icloud. I seprate notes to "ON MY IPHONE" just because those notes are the list that I'm gonna do first since notes in my Icloud are alots, I was afraid that I gonna forget to do those and now I don't remember what am I going to do...:|

Go to settings > Notes > check to see that "on my iPhone" is toggled on. If it is, try toggling it off, then back on. If the Notes are still not there, you probably lost them. Not sure how they would simply disappear without some action taken. In the future, use only iCloud. You can organize by creating new folders in the iCloud Notes. I have a few.
8a0cc6a6b8cf3088f7332f1f4d74aa14.jpg

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepghosh2564