Help! My login screen no longer has a password box. How do I get this back for my Macbook Pro?.

Pierre Bon

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
When I try to log in to my 2010 Macbook pro, the opening screen shows my name and 'guest' but when I click my name, the box for password is missing now under my name. Under Guest, there's a weird black box in its place.

What gives? My computer was feeling glitchy before this happened and the screen was vibrating and odd squares appeared and disappeard. So I shut down and rebooted. From that time, I could not do anything. I tried powering up with shift-command-option-power but that eventually wants me to reset my password and requires icloud & wifi, which is not connecting due to this weird password issue. I can't find anyone else with this issue and have been searching for a long time. I gave up in frustration and set it aside. Now trying again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pierre Bon

Apr 15, 2018
Visit site
Sadly, I've found no help there. And now I'm getting a weird redirect message so it won't let me in. Not having a good Apple Week.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Sadly, I've found no help there. And now I'm getting a weird redirect message so it won't let me in. Not having a good Apple Week.

Have you tried calling them? Here's a list of the numbers for the US, Canada and the rest of the world....

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Also IF you have an Apple store near you, then you may want to bring it in for a free diagnostic. Repair might involve a fee, IF you are out of warranty, BUT it's free for them to do the diagnostic.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien