Has anyone had experience with the Express Replacement Service (ERS)?

tingchen

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
Is anyone had experience with ers? I have AppleCare+ on my iphone 7p. And it got liquid damage last week. I don’t know how the water get in my 7p. But my phone doesn’t turn on after that. So I call Apple support and they set up a express replacement service for me and ask me to give them my credit card information and hold about $800 on my credit card. And say I will receive a replacement in 3 days. But for now, I haven’t received replacement yet. It’s been a week later, I called Apple support again. They check my repair ID and said my repair has been canceled. The amount hold on my card will canceled too. But they don’t know why the repair ticket was canceled. And ask me to set up again. Do anyone know why ers canceled?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to use ers? Express replacement service

How far is the closest Apple Store to you? If it were me, I would go to an Apple Store, let them know you have Apple Care + on the device and then have them replace the device right then and there. There wouldn’t be any holds out on your credit card. You would simply have to pay the $99 or whatever the Apple Care + replacement cost is now.

tingchen

Jun 2, 2018
Visit site
No Apple store near me. The closest one takes about 2 hrs to get there. That’s why I chose ers. And that’s why I bought AppleCare+.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77