• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Half black screen on calls?

cohuddd

Oct 8, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 11.1. When I updated to iOS 11 beta I didn’t have this issue but once I upgraded to 11.1, while on a phone call if I try to use other apps half of my screen is unusable and black.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you mean 11.1 or 11.0.1?

11.1 is a beta so you should expect bugs and simply report them to Apple.

From my experience iOS 11 betas were much buggier than previous iOS betas so I’m not surprised

CarlosMatos

Oct 9, 2017
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6S Plus running iOS 11.1. When I updated to iOS 11 beta I didn’t have this issue but once I upgraded to 11.1, while on a phone call if I try to use other apps half of my screen is unusable and black.

A bug report was already submitted to Apple for this issue. I had the same problem and Apple responded back quickly that it was a duplicate that others are experiencing. This is not limited to iPhone 6S (same as me), others at my company with iPhone 7s also have the problem.

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
A bug report was already submitted to Apple for this issue. I had the same problem and Apple responded back quickly that it was a duplicate that others are experiencing. This is not limited to iPhone 6S (same as me), others at my company with iPhone 7s also have the problem.

I had the same issue on my 7Plus with not only the phone but with apps as well. A reboot would usually fix it for a day or two. Hope the new Beta has sorted this out.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I called my cell from my home phone, and dropped the call screen to check out apps. I was able to go into all of the apps on my Home screen and use them without any issues. I'm running iOS beta 11.0.2 on my 8 Plus.

What I may be doing differently than some is factory resetting my phone every 2 or 3 beta releases or so. I do perform encrypted backups and restore from those after first resetting all of my settings (my settings are always set to default before I do a backup). This might be why I am only having less than a handful of bugs with iOS 11.

rjblake66

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
I called my cell from my home phone, and dropped the call screen to check out apps. I was able to go into all of the apps on my Home screen and use them without any issues. I'm running iOS beta 11.0.2 on my 8 Plus.

What I may be doing differently than some is factory resetting my phone every 2 or 3 beta releases or so. I do perform encrypted backups and restore from those after first resetting all of my settings (my settings are always set to default before I do a backup). This might be why I am only having less than a handful of bugs with iOS 11.

It is a bug in iOS 11.1 Beta. Workaround is to turn "Reduce Motion" setting off. This can be accessed from Settings->General->Accessibility->Reduce Motion

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
It is a bug in iOS 11.1 Beta. Workaround is to turn "Reduce Motion" setting off. This can be accessed from Settings->General->Accessibility->Reduce Motion

I've not been able to replicate this bug on any of the beta versions of iOS 11. I wonder if it's just on specific phones... I've tested on 6s and 8 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blin