Had to force "Recovery" Mode... Is it really this bad?

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
well, to be honest, i have 3x home screens full of apps which were from the App Store..

the phone is NOT jail broken, and will not be after this...

the app that tipped the scale and totally screwed the phone... Pandora Radio... While installing it, the phone hung while the icon showed "installing", reset, then i got a spinning globe and nothing for 30 mins...

I performed a hard-reset, but when it turned back on.. spinning globe... so after a bit of research I ended up needing to put the phone into "Recovery" mode...

is this the future of Iphone? i'm personally a convert from the Blackberry devices, which were like playing on a TI-83 compared to this phone... but they played nicely, and if not, resetting the thing to its usual state was easy...

what gives?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
No it is not bad. Recovery mode is something good... if it was not there the phone would have been useless to you. And put it this way, I got my first iPhone in Feb and have jailbroken and done so many other things to my phones I've never had it go into recovery mode. You just had some bad luck there. Nothing to worry about.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
as a nice tradeoff to my hour+ of restore time last night...

iTunes sync'd all my apps, which I had installed. Since then, I have not had any crashes or failures at all. We'll see if this trend continues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2