• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Great LTE coverage ... no internet connection

redneck6497

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had several instances in different cities where my VZW iphone 5 has great coverage according to the signal bar, but it is not able to get on the internet, or receive mail. If I turn it on airplane mode, and back off, it usually fixes the issue. I know there has been some talk about this in the past. Is there a definitive explnation, or fix? I love my iPhone, but I hate having to do this in what seems like each time I go to use it.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had that particular problem myself, but I'd go to a Verizon store and have them swap out the sim for a new one. It fixed my issue with not being able to send pictures.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'll tell that to everyone at work tomorrow as they have to walk outside to get a signal. AT&T is the only one that doesn't pick up where I work...even t-mobile is better. Lol

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman