Grandfathered UDP Questions

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Are you referencing the grandfathered $29.99 now $49.99 pre-2011 UDP or one of their 2017 plans? I know the 2017 plans are deprioritized but the older pre-2011 had no throttling or deprioritizing unless something changed in the three years since I changed carriers. Unfortunately there are too many changes to even the plans that were out last year for me to remember.
I have the 2011 plan and they do limit streaming to 720p now although they deny it.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
But the problem with the new plans are they don't have an unlimited hotspot feature like the pre-2011 UDP.
I have the pre 2011 UDP but because I never turned on hotspot back then they won't let me now. Even then activating it would have cost a not insignificant additional $30 a month! The smart move is to turn it on for a day for literally a dollar then shut it off the next. Unfortunately not a choice for me now. Those who DID turn it on years ago got to keep it.

My plan is still cheaper than new plan due to discounts that are no longer available

Do you get high speed hotspot with prepaid Go? I could go that route. I always pay up front for phones.

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the pre 2011 UDP but because I never turned on hotspot back then they won't let me now. Even then activating it would have cost a not insignificant additional $30 a month! The smart move is to turn it on for a day for literally a dollar then shut it off the next. Unfortunately not a choice for me now. Those who DID turn it on years ago got to keep it.

My plan is still cheaper than new plan due to discounts that are no longer available

Do you get high speed hotspot with prepaid Go? I could go that route. I always pay up front for phones.

High speed hotspot is only on Beyond unlimited. Go unlimited and prepaid unlimited don't get that.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

It's a good thing I turned my hotspot on when I got my pre-2011 UDP.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien