Golf GPS app for displaying yardage

jfyeh

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
Hello All,

We are creating an application for golfers that tells you the yardage from your current location to your hole location. Essentially a range finder, but much cheaper!!

Currently there are over 4000 golf courses our database and we are still growing.

Check to see if your course is in our database.

GolfMapz.com iPhone Golf GPS Caddie || Golf GPS System || Golf Mapping

We are looking to release in the next few weeks.

Keep an eye out on the site.

-John

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Hello All,

We are creating an application for golfers that tells you the yardage from your current location to your hole location. Essentially a range finder, but much cheaper!!

Currently there are over 4000 golf courses our database and we are still growing.

-John

How is this different from iYardage, which is free?
iYardageWelcome

(i.e., what's your value-add that makes your app worth paying for?
(I'm assuming it will have some cost, since you mention "much cheaper" rather than "absolutely free"))

jfyeh

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
iYardage has only 4 couses with no GPS.

We have over 4000 courses and can add your course if our database doesn't have it.

kilsey

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
iYardage has only 4 couses with no GPS.

We have over 4000 courses and can add your course if our database doesn't have it.

A fair point, though iYardage will be releasing a GPS version shortly (per their site) and also accepts user-submitted course data.

I suppose that's the difference - the existing data you have.

I'll be interested to see where your price point falls for both the introductory and regular price.

And as an aside, that was more of a devil's advocate question than a slam against your company/product. :)

Quitesure

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
Hardware comparisons w dedicated golf GPS systems

Hello All,

-John

I am very excited about your product, and I see that you have my homecourse included in your database. I wonder: is there any difference between the hardware of the iPhone GPS and the hardware of a dedicated golf gps system like Sky Caddy?

Last edited:

coolie71

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
I saw a demo of a similar iphone application earlier in the year at the palos cc trade show, it was sick, bunch of really nice features. I believe it was called something like icaddie. You will do very well with this if your app is anything close to that. Good Luck!

petermrw

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
GolfMapz

I downloaded this app to my Iphone Thurs and played a course on Fri. It worked as advertised. All I was looking for was a distance to the green. Beats walking around looking for a sprinkler head. Very generic but then again I was playing a familiar course. Chose this one because the "how to" make a new course on the other app was way to intense. I submitted a course to upload and hopefully I did it correctly -- We'll find out tomorrow. Can't wait for the "other" nice to have such as hazards, actual pic of the fairway, etc. Was told its coming so I'm in a wait and see. Problem is I already paid for this one.
4 stars and when I see the rest, I'll upgrade when they upgrade.

JON GOLD

Feb 5, 2009
Visit site
I'm getting a iphone today. Switching from BB. On the Bold they have a app for golf. It allows you to try it 5 times before buying. Do you have a trial version also?

SuzieB

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi! I'm very interested in having this App but my course isn't on the list. How can I find out when/if it will be added?

Many thanks!
Suzie

techse7en

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I found that GolfShot GPS is the best all-round golfers' companion. It gives you accurate yardages to FOG, BOG, bunkers, hazards, lay-up yardages, etc, lets you see the hole in satellite view, keeps your and opponents scorecards and emails them to you at the end of the round, and even keeps track of all your stats to show you what to improve upon. This application is unbelievably accurate, faster than SkyCaddy and gives more info than an "analog" RangeFinder.

Seamus3882

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Sureshot on iPhone

I had the original stand alone unit and was impressed with it until i dropped it from 2 feet and it refused to work. Cost to fix ?250.00 or buy a new unit for ?200.00. Strange that!
Got the app on my iPhone for a whole ?20.00 and it is the nuts. Does everything it says it does and even emails you the scorecard when it's finished. How neat is that. Get it, you will NOT be disappointed and NO annual charge. I have never ever had a problem with this app.
Even works abroad but beware it is very expensive on your phone bill as it uses a lot of MB.
Saves you shots and will help reduce your handicap without fail.
Trust me I am a golf geek!!
:D

boby

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I know that I use mobitee as Gps Golf on my new Iphone and I find it perfect, accurate and the screens are so cool! and free until 10/31/10 on appstore

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you guys have a lot of courses in New England? Some of the apps that I've downloaded have had a distinct lack of courses in central/western mass especially.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dguc