Going from xs to xr

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Any here considering selling their xs and buying a xr? I’m thinking of selling my xs and buying an xr then taking the rest of the money and putting towards a series 4 watch.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Any here considering selling their xs and buying a xr? I’m thinking of selling my xs and buying an xr then taking the rest of the money and putting towards a series 4 watch.

Go for it. If my iPhone X breaks, I will indeed replace it with an iPhone XR. In your situation, not only would you be getting a nice iPhone, but also an Watch. It’s a no-brainer, in my opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
XS Max here. Not considering it at all. XR is nice, but it would be a downgrade for me. Never mind the inferior screen, 3D Touch is something I use much more than I would have ever imagined.

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've the X now, like D said I'd be doing the same . I really like the size of the XR looking forward to next release.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I didn't have an XS, but I sold my XS Max and went to the Xr. I don't regret it at all. I miss the OLED display, but that's not a deal breaker. If I were in your situation, I'd sell the XS and grab the Xr + the AWS4.

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
I didn't have an XS, but I sold my XS Max and went to the Xr. I don't regret it at all. I miss the OLED display, but that's not a deal breaker. If I were in your situation, I'd sell the XS and grab the Xr + the AWS4.

What about the camera? I’ve turned off my 3D Touch to see if I can live without it. I’m just not too sure about the camera. I take a bunch of portraits

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What about the camera? I’ve turned off my 3D Touch to see if I can live without it. I’m just not too sure about the camera. I take a bunch of portraits

Just remember the XR will only do portraits of humans so you can't shoot objects in portrait. Like a dog, a mug, etc.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

It's literally the same camera as all the other iPhones that came out this year. It just doesn't have the zoom lens (meh) or portrait mode for non-humans, but you can get camera apps in the App Store to get portrait mode on non-humans (Halide, for example) so that's a non-issue now.

popkurn611

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
It's literally the same camera as all the other iPhones that came out this year. It just doesn't have the zoom lens (meh) or portrait mode for non-humans, but you can get camera apps in the App Store to get portrait mode on non-humans (Halide, for example) so that's a non-issue now.

I used halide and it was great. I actually find the camera on the XR way better than the Xs because the portrait mode uses the single lens making for a better portrait

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Just had a couple of clients who decided to go with the XR because of the color choice and price point. Their company logo is based on red, so they went with the red XR models and so far all their employees are happy with the choice, sounds like mission accomplished.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
All the models are fine. For some having the two cameras you get with a Plus, XS and Max makes all the difference. Others not.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77