Getting the iPhone X was all meant to be in the end.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I’ve had every iPhone since the beginning and I love iOS. With that being said I’ve also had all the old blackberries also. When my 7 Plus started giving me issues, I went out and took the opportunity to buy an unlocked Note 8 and Gear s3 Watch. I went all in thinking I was making the right choice. Well 46 days later and something wasn’t right. I didn’t have my iMessage. It was a cold Saturday and my wife and I were in the mall. She went into one of her favorite stores and I said I was going to go to AT&T and look around. I casually asked the sales rep if they had any space grey 256gb iPhone X in stock and he said let me look. I really didn’t expect them too with Christmas just past. Once he came out of the back room holding it I knew it would be mine in 17 minutes. After the transaction I ran to the Apple store down the hall and purchased a stainless S3 LTE Apple Watch. After everything was set up and restored, I knew I was home. It’s been almost week and I know I’ve made the right decision. Happy to be home again.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: It was all meant to be in the end.

Welcome back to the Apple world and enjoy your new X. I have had mine since the official launch day and I think it’s the best iPhone yet.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Welcome back!!
Congratulations on your brand new iPhone X and Apple Watch S3

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

Welcome back to the Apple world and enjoy your new X. I have had mine since the official launch day and I think it’s the best iPhone yet.

Thank you. I read your review. It was very good. I feel that way also. I had some apps running wild in the beginning causing battery life to diminish quickly, but I deleted them and did a soft reset and all is well. I’m excited to see what Apple has in store for Face ID.

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Welcome back indeed. I’ve switched back and forth so many times it isn’t funny. But I always return. I think this time I finally resigned myself to staying. I finally sat down and looked at what I actually do on my device and what I enjoy the most. For me the iPhone fits the bill just fine.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

Welcome back indeed. I’ve switched back and forth so many times it isn’t funny. But I always return. I think this time I finally resigned myself to staying. I finally sat down and looked at what I actually do on my device and what I enjoy the most. For me the iPhone fits the bill just fine.

I’ve always carried 2 devices so I never really stayed on one for long, but over the years the iPhone has remained the constant. Then without me realizing my entire family and most of my friends use iMessage. I started realizing I messed up when no one could get my texts for a few days after I had to unregister my number and take the phone out of iCloud. Too much of a pia. I’m back and also realized that these devices provide the service I need.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It was all meant to be in the end.

I’ve had every iPhone since the beginning and I love iOS. With that being said I’ve also had all the old blackberries also. When my 7 Plus started giving me issues, I went out and took the opportunity to buy an unlocked Note 8 and Gear s3 Watch. I went all in thinking I was making the right choice. Well 46 days later and something wasn’t right. I didn’t have my iMessage. It was a cold Saturday and my wife and I were in the mall. She went into one of her favorite stores and I said I was going to go to AT&T and look around. I casually asked the sales rep if they had any space grey 256gb iPhone X in stock and he said let me look. I really didn’t expect them too with Christmas just past. Once he came out of the back room holding it I knew it would be mine in 17 minutes. After the transaction I ran to the Apple store down the hall and purchased a stainless S3 LTE Apple Watch. After everything was set up and restored, I knew I was home. It’s been almost week and I know I’ve made the right decision. Happy to be home again.

Outstanding! Thank you for sharing your experience with us, sir. I, too, am a former Blackberry fanatic.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

Thank you for sharing your story! I’ve had every iPhone since it’s launch in 2007 and currently have the X. My brother also has the X. I loved your story because every time it’s time to upgrade, my brother goes through the whole thing of wanting to jump ship to Android and I always have to convince him to stay with iOS. Your story is the exact example of what I tell him I read on forums all the time of people trying Android and always coming home in the end. I took a screenshot of your post and sent it to him and told him to read it the next time he wants to upgrade and possibly switch to Android. He’s told me several times that he loves his X alongside his Apple Watch.

Glad you’re back! Welcome home!

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

iMessage, amongst other things really make the iPhone great. I’ve gone back and forth too but I think I’ll have at least one, if not more, iPhone(s) for the foreseeable future.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Welcome back. Yeah you don't know that you miss it till its gone. Enjoy your new devices.

wbcolon

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site

Thank you for sharing your story! I’ve had every iPhone since it’s launch in 2007 and currently have the X. My brother also has the X. I loved your story because every time it’s time to upgrade, my brother goes through the whole thing of wanting to jump ship to Android and I always have to convince him to stay with iOS. Your story is the exact example of what I tell him I read on forums all the time of people trying Android and always coming home in the end. I took a screenshot of your post and sent it to him and told him to read it the next time he wants to upgrade and possibly switch to Android. He’s told me several times that he loves his X alongside his Apple Watch.

Glad you’re back! Welcome home!

This is the story of my life. I’m such a tech flip flopper, but damn Apple has been solid. Can’t knock a great thing that simply works. I’ve wasted a lot of money over the years.