Former Blackberry User, joining the darkside

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
My iPad is for play. I do have my email/contacts/calendar on it for convenience, but the lack of options on iOS would prevent me from switching to an iPhone from BlackBerry. A BlackBerry w/ BES is perfect for me and it would take a lot for me to switch to an iPhone or Droid.

what do you mean lack of options? there are way more options on iphone then blackberry, especially if you jailbreak it :)

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I had another question (sorry about asking so many!): I'm currently on the unlimited personal data plan with verizon...when I activate the iPhone4 on my account, do I need to (or is there) an iPhone specific unlimited data plan or do I keep the same plan?

TIA!

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Technically yes, but Verizon has simplified this for the consumer and they will take care of it for you. They no longer list Blackberry's data plan as being separate to make it easier for us.

Reactions: kazmi

shaneabunting

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to TiPB!
I'm sure everyone here will argree, the iPhone 4 is nothing short from the best phone in the world.
In 2007, it stole the BlackBerry's elegence with it's glass and aluminium body and with iPhone 4.. It's just the next level.

Enjoy your iPhone if you have or get one!

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I just got mine in the mail today, so am excited and apprehensive at the same time....have been a bb user for longer than I can remember....

another question: on my bb, I have an app called City ID..basically it shows the city and state of any number that I get a call from....its thru verizon. Anyone know if it has an iOS equivalent?

Neckbones

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I recently converted to the Darkside. My first trek into smart phonedom was a Blackberry. I just changed to the iPhone just a few weeks ago and I am very pleased with the iPhone 4. The only things I miss is being able to group text and send invitations for appointments from the calendar. This phone is sleek, sexy, and has an easy learning curve. I could go on, but you all get the point. Converted 4 life. (P.S. This Tapatalk app is great!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazmi

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I was finally also able to jb my iphone...am having two issues:

1) my work email is through google apps and I have set it up as Exchange on the iphone. Within GA under settings, I have POP enabled (since I'm one of the few using Outlook at work). With this setup, true push email on the iphone is a hit and miss...sometimes I'm getting it on the iphone right within or under a min, sometimes I don't get it at all....any suggestions on how to make it true push email?

as an addon to this, I must say I love Boxcar! I used it for my personal email address (since I was craving push on that too) and this setup works amazingly well!)..

2) the second issue I'm having is that I'm noticing duplicates on my iphone calendar... I'm currently using Outlook--->google sync on desktop---->google apps calendar and then under exhcange on iphone, I enabled calendar exchange as well....am I missing something here? The bizzarre thing is, I'm seeing duplicates for only SOME entries, not all!!!

Please help with the above!!! TIA

ClubPromoting101

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I currently use a BB for work, and an iphone 4 as my personal phone.. Carrying two phones can be a pain, but both bring different things to the table and i dont think i could ever decide on just one (if i had to). Both phones are great devices and it just depends on what you are looking for in a phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DRizzlemeup