For those of you who have purchased "snap" type cases...

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
And particularly those with the black iPhone 5, have you noticed any wear on the anodized bezel when installing/removing the case? I am expecting an Incipio Feather case in the mail and am curious if I will experience "scuffgate" issues when putting the case on.

Branz1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It's hard to get in and I feel like its scratching. I plan on getting an outterbox soon but when I do remove this snap on case I hope to god it wont scratch the bazel of my iPhone 5 :(

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd be surprised if you didn't over time. They had scratches with the iPhone 4's cases when dust got under and ground away at it on the antennas.

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
the crazy thing i am going naked with mine and it didn't scratch when i ran my finger nail across the back and that black metal going around the sides seems to be on there not like a flimsy rub paint or something i don't think it will come off that easily unless you are using metal to scrape it against and who does that just keep keys in one pocket and phone in the little one above or in another pocket.

RichD

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up an Incipio Duo Pro case at the local Verizon store (I'm an AT&T guy) $24.99. They said their large supply of iphone5 cases came in last night. The Duo Pro has the gel sleeve that goes into the more rigid outer case. No worries about rubbing.

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm calling shenanigans on scratching the case with a fingernail thing. Unless you're like a movie villain with metal claws or something...

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I've taken my case (black plastic snap one) off a bunch already and it hasn't scratched. I don't think it's as easy to scratch as some people are claiming. I've probably taken it on and off 15+ times already. Can't decide if I want to go naked or not.

I'm sure it can scratch and may over time but its not something I'm really worried about.

Dahlen

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I remember seeing a post about the 4/4s where someone was concerned about scratching from dust that worked its way into the bumpers and cases, so they cut thin pieces of scotch tape to cover the sides of their phone. Seems excessive, but figured I'd mention it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sball68