Folders or just icons... What do you use and why?

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea, it's called Glyphboard. Unfortunately I can't post links yet. Just google Glyphboard and it should be the first result. It will give you instructions on how to install it. There's other symbols too! It's kind of a web app/shortcut. Let me know if it doesnt work for ya.

Thanks for the info!

iLurk13

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
This is how I do it...

-So firstly you create a contact for each of the shortcuts you would like

-Under the URL of the contact you pur the approporaite URL found here

About ? prefs:root=General&path=About
Accessibility ? prefs:root=General&path=ACCESSIBILITY
Airplane Mode On ? prefs:root=AIRPLANE_MODE
Auto-Lock ? prefs:root=General&path=AUTOLOCK
Brightness ? prefs:root=Brightness
Bluetooth ? prefs:root=General&path=Bluetooth
Date & Time ? prefs:root=General&path=DATE_AND_TIME
FaceTime ? prefs:root=FACETIME
General ? prefs:root=General
Keyboard ? prefs:root=General&path=Keyboard
iCloud ? prefs:root=CASTLE
iCloud Storage & Backup ? prefs:root=CASTLE&path=STORAGE_AND_BACKUP
International ? prefs:root=General&path=INTERNATIONAL
Location Services ? prefs:root=LOCATION_SERVICES
Music ? prefs:root=MUSIC
Music Equalizer ? prefs:root=MUSIC&path=EQ
Music Volume Limit ? prefs:root=MUSIC&path=VolumeLimit
Network ? prefs:root=General&path=Network
Nike + iPod ? prefs:root=NIKE_PLUS_IPOD
Notes ? prefs:root=NOTES
Notification ? prefs:root=NOTIFICATIONS_ID
Phone ? prefs:root=Phone
Photos ? prefs:root=Photos
Profile ? prefs:root=General&path=ManagedConfigurationList
Reset ? prefs:root=General&path=Reset
Safari ? prefs:root=Safari
Siri ? prefs:root=General&path=Assistant
Sounds ? prefs:root=Sounds
Software Update ? prefs:root=General&path=SOFTWARE_UPDATE_LINK
Store ? prefs:root=STORE
Twitter ? prefs:root=TWITTER
Usage ? prefs:root=General&path=USAGE
VPN ? prefs:root=General&path=Network/VPN
Wallpaper ? prefs:root=Wallpaper
Wi-Fi ? prefs:root=WIFI

-Start with "prefs"
Ex for a short cut for wifi the URL would be "prefs:root=WIFI"

-Then under the icon project you click contacts, click the contact that you would like to have the shortcut for, then it will take you to another screen, click the URL.

-Then go ahead and customize the contact img the way you want and click create.

-THen click add to home screen.

-And voila...its done

I know this is slightly off topic but I am trying to create icons for bluetooth and wifi so I don't have to drill down through the settings to turn these features on and off. The problem I am having is that when I follow these instructions and then click create it does not work. I get a popup that say "Please enter a valid URL". Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

Dazheath

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I use folders to keep all my apps on the home screen to save having to swipe through pages to get to an app

Sent from my iPhone 4S

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I just did some cleaning. I have 87 apps now and have only two pages on my home screen. I have things organized in folders. It's just a mess to sort everything whenever I download a new app.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I know this is slightly off topic but I am trying to create icons for bluetooth and wifi so I don't have to drill down through the settings to turn these features on and off. The problem I am having is that when I follow these instructions and then click create it does not work. I get a popup that say "Please enter a valid URL". Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

I use "IconSettings" for exactly what your looking for. Just google IconSettings for iPhone. Very simple to install and uninstall. No jailbreak required. Creates icons for you. If you notice on my screenshot from earlier, I have a bluetooth icon that takes me straight to the bluetooth ON/OFF toggle. Check it out. Sorry I can't post links yet.

Last edited:

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok........I created the icon...but it doesn't make the call just by pressing the icon. When I press the icon it brings up tan other screen where I have to press either call or cancel. Is there a way to get it to actually make the call by just pressing the icon?
Thanks
Len

There is an app in the app store called Touch Icon that I use for one tap calling. You can use a picture of the contact plus it's a free app! Check it out.

kk612003

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I do organize my stuff into folders and I love a nice clean and organized screen.

I just released the first in a series of Apps that deals with this exactly. I love all of the wallpapers out there, but they are so junky so I decided to make my own that are nice and clean and make looking at my phone a joy.

The home screens have either a phrase or design on the 4th row so that it can either be hidden or displayed depending on the users preferences.

Here it is in the App Store. It is called iWall Words - Holidays and Seasons

[
How do you rename a folder? Im new to the Iphone4S and still learning all about it. Thanks for any help.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
How do you rename a folder? Im new to the Iphone4S and still learning all about it. Thanks for any help.

Hold down an icon and then all the icons will start wiggling and open a folder, which ever one you want to rename and instead of being a black, it will have a text box so you can rename it.

Reactions: kk612003

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8