[Fix] Siri Can?t Connect to the Network

khanlala

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Siri Assistant feature has been in the discussion specially after the launch of Apple?s next generation iPhone 4S. Previously it was being offered as separate app at Appstore but then removed and integrated into the recently released iPhone 4S iOS 5. Although the integration in iOS 5 become the success story but iPhone 4 users were left deprived of this feature and forced to upgrade on iPhone 4S. However, hackers are working day and night and already released video showing of Siri voice Assistant successfully ported on iPhone 4.

Well by now there are over a million iPhone 4S units in hands of consumers in seven countries all of which are bombarding Apple?s servers by firing up Siri whenever they feel like. While they?re at their right to do so, it looks like the back-end servers are having a hard time coping with such a high volume of queries.

Step 1: Head over to the Settings.app and turn off Siri by going to the General tab.

Step 2: Reset all network settings on your iPhone 4S by going to Settings.app then General followed by Reset and Reset Network Settings

Step 3: Go to the Settings.app once again and turn Siri back on

We?ve found this procedure to be effective albeit for a number of users. You can try this if you?re constantly encountering the Siri can?t connect to network error, basically because you have nothing to lose. It might work for you, but if it doesn?t be sure that the issue is prevalent due to server overload only.

cr12#IM

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
will resetting network settings cause any problems?

edit: googled it, it will just reset wifi passwords and back to carrier defaults shouldnt cause any major problems.

edit2: fix worked for me siri is up and running no problem.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, this works temp., however, with all the people using Siri, Siri is unable to connect to the network several times during the day. I find it easier to just try again later rather than going through the hassle of resetting the network settings all the time. It would be nice if this was a permanent fix but it's not.

iFizzgig

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, this works temp., however, with all the people using Siri, Siri is unable to connect to the network several times during the day. I find it easier to just try again later rather than going through the hassle of resetting the network settings all the time. It would be nice if this was a permanent fix but it's not.

It doesn't even always work as a temporary fix. I tried it a few times and still wasn't able to get Siri to connect.

- fizz

khanlala

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
u can also try this tip it will also work for some people

By dialing *228 ( Verizon ) and selecting option 1. It will do a quick program update and then when it says yoy?re done :p, hang up. My Siri now works quickly and is awesome. Hope this helps.

dysfunction

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you considered that the only reason this seems to fix it may be that Siri's network issues are intermittent, and the time spent going through the "fix" just happens to cause you to wait to use it until it's back up? The mixed reports on whether this fix works or not would seem to indicate that's the case.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
Instead of going through all that to reset ur network stuff just turn airplane mode on then back off and Siri should connect the next time. Every time it's givin me problems I do that and it works the very next time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McElvy