Factory reset jailbroken 4S... Won't do anything?

Paradoxolotl

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So I have a 4S that has been jailbroken for several months. I just got a 5S and transferred all data from the 4 to the 5, so now that's my phone, and my mother was going to use the 4. We went to AT&T to get the numbers and service transferred. The 5 was activated with no problem. However, they needed to factory reset the 4. (Both phones are on iOS 9, FYI). After the reset, the AT&T employee said that it would not load, because apparently the software was gone too. Now, after looking it up, I've learned that you shouldn't factory reset a jailbroken phone, so I know that. Also, she said that she tried using iTunes and running it in DFU mode, but she said she wasn't able to. So, what it does, it just turns halfway on, gets to the apple logo and the loading bar, loads all the way, and stays like that. Doesn't do anything else. Someone please help, my mom needs it because she previously had a Samsung S4, and, you know, those are crap. So that's where I'm at.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Turn the iPhone 4S off while connected to a power source and let it charge for an hour or so. Afterwards, put the device in DFU mode, connect it to your computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app (preferably the latest version) and then select to restore it. Make sure the computer is connected to the internet. It may take several tries but the restore will eventually take.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl