Facebook Video Not Playing

mg6035

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I know on beta 1 that facebook videos weren't playing. On beta 2 however a lot of people are saying facebook videos now play. Mine still won't play on beta 2. I click the play arrow and get the spinning circle but then the video never plays. I have tried deleting facebook and reinstalling, restarting the iPhone, reinstalling YouTube, and nothing works. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to what might be wrong, or what I can try? Is anybody else still having a problem playing facebook videos?

Thanks

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
And that's the way it is going to be until two things happen. Either a later beta fixes it for you or Facebook updates their app to fix the problem. Chances of Facebook fixing it are very very slim. Maybe an update down the road for the Facebook app will work, but no guarantee. It is possible it won't work until the public release of iOS 8 in the fall. Most likely September.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I know on beta 1 that facebook videos weren't playing. On beta 2 however a lot of people are saying facebook videos now play. Mine still won't play on beta 2. I click the play arrow and get the spinning circle but then the video never plays. I have tried deleting facebook and reinstalling, restarting the iPhone, reinstalling YouTube, and nothing works. Anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to what might be wrong, or what I can try? Is anybody else still having a problem playing facebook videos?

Thanks

Because its a beta, there could be any number of issues. I've seen reports where some aren't having issues & some still are. Mine finally started playing after I wiped my device & did a clean install. You might want to try that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77