Facebook Push Notifications

JhonnyC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking all over for a solution for this and so far no luck, so I was wondering if anyone here could help me out.

I had a 3GS and then bought a iPhone 4 back in July, and as soon as I activated the iPhone 4 my Facebook notifications stopped working. In fact MOST of my notifications stopped showing up. The only ones I can think of right now that are working is Foursquare, and words with friends. Other than that I'm not getting anything else.

I've tried removing the apps and reinstalling and nothing so far.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
try going into Settings>>notifications and then going through the apps that are giving you trouble and making sure that push is infact turned on for them

JhonnyC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention in the first post but I did restore once. When the first JB for the iPhone 4 came out. And it didn't help, so I'm wondering if anyone has an alternate idea.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Well if you are in fact open to the idea of JBing then try using one of the many Cydia apps for improved notifications

JhonnyC

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Interesting thought, but I thought those kind of apps were more for notification management. In other words, if my iPhone isn't getting notifications sent to me wouldn't the JB apps be useless?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Boxcar will send push notifications for a lot of apps. I had issues with Facebook as well, but it just started working after a while. Weird.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l6onn44vy