• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Facebook doesn't like my iPhone

Hello Kitty

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the iPhone 4 about a month ago. Since then I have noticed that all my apps work great besides Facebook. It will close out on me and I have a super hard time uploading pictures. One day I had to remove and install Facebook 5 times to get it to work right.

I go to upload pictures, and usually it will show on the bottom of the screen. The blue bar that shows it uploading. It shows nothing! Once I reinstall facebook, most of the time it takes care of the problem, but it seems as though I am reinstalling this app every week!

Does anyone else have this issue? Do you think its more a network issue then it being my phone? I have Verizon Wireless. My bro has the same phone, but he has it through ATT and does not have these issues.

Thanks!

ebedoun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So strange. My sister-in-Law has the exact issues. Her iPhone is on Verizon as well.

Just like you, reinstalling the app works for a bit, but that is it.

The newest version of the FB app definitely compresses the photos when uploading also. I notice that they upload super fast on my at&t iphone 4. Also the file sizes are much smaller than they were before the latest FB app update.

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
*Try* enabling location services for Facebook in your iphone settings. I could not upload any pictures without this enabled. Once I enabled it I have not had a single issue.

Reactions: Gooster

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Pictures not uploading could be due to poor network uploading speeds. This can be tested by downloading Speedtest app. When it has issues uploading, test your speeds

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
*Try* enabling location services for Facebook in your iphone settings. I could not upload any pictures without this enabled. Once I enabled it I have not had a single issue.

The new Dropbox update requires location sharing as well to upload pictures.

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

That explains quite a bit! Had these issues myself! Thanks!

icehead13

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if it was the software acting buggy or was it a real problem. I hate that ****,not being able to load pics, and it closing for no reason. Never had that problem on my Evo.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman