Dropped my immaculately kept iPhone 5

soren203

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm crushed right now, since the day I got my iphone 5 almost 2 years ago I've always had it with a screen protector on and an otterbox defender. I've kept it in perfect condition minus some dust in the speaker grill & the little holes at the bottom. About 2 months ago I switched the defender for something more slim, today I dropped it on the road...my heart broke with my phones perfect bezel. The damage was 2 huge dents on the top right corner & some rough glass along the top of the phone. Few minor scratches at the bottom. :(

I know this is a huge first world problem and there is no point to this point, but you know the iPhone is a significant investment and I like to try and take care of my belongings.

Just hold me imore friends.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a clear proponent of not using a case...but I tell you, since getting this 5S, I have dropped it so many times (more than I ever remember dropping any other iPhone I've owned) and I thank GOD every time that I have a case on it. I love the form factor of the iPhone, and it kills me to cover it with a case, but you know...it's a small sacrifice to keeping it clean and ding free.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Breathe my fellow iphone Brother

That's a hard pill to swallow. It's time for a 5s it's the only remedy to the pain your feeling 😒

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It always sucks when this happens but I'd hold out for the new iPhone 6 since it's not to far off... And just survive with the damage. You can then protect that thing like you did this one and have it for a good long while :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Wow makes me 2nd guess taking off my defender and putting on a slimmer case. Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Wow makes me 2nd guess taking off my defender and putting on a slimmer case. Decisions decisions

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

For a slimmer case try the tech21 impact mesh. They have a band of this stuff call D30 that you find in football helmet to absorb impact.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77